View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #53
Seafury
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Jordanus Maximus and Why I Have Trouble Taking Project Camelot Seriously Anymore

Great thread, I was dying for a thread that offered something of value.

I see a few replies in this thread tackling what I think is the real issue, which is that exposing the problems in our society are one thing, but no one ever offers any solutions.

I myself have found myself angry about the same thing. I can listen to hours of Jordan Maxwell, countless more hours of Alex Jones and others until I'm wound right up. I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!! But now what?

Well, I don't think we should be quite so hard on ol' Maxie and Jonsie as this is the hardest question facing our species and to say they offer no solutions is like saying you're angry at science for not figuring out how to split the atom earlier than they did.

I can sit here and say:
Step 1 to Civil Revitalization and Liberty: Remove the Federal Reserve from power and restore the gold standard.

Does that help anything? Can you do that? Can I do that? Can I do anything to influence that aside from the butterfly effect of talking about it to my friends? I'm not even American for chrissakes.

It's a tough game. Maxwell is by no means a perfect person, in fact I don't even like him much, same with Jones, but they expose the problem in ways you and I simply have not done to the masses and so they deserve credit. Now it's up to us to ponder the solution because quite simply, no one knows what it is.

I'd like to add one more thing: Almost as annoying as a lack of solutions from really great problem exposers like Jones, are the people who spout "It's up to US to change! We are the solution!" because that doesn't say anything either on any kind of practical level. I know I kind of said that myself, but I'm saying I DON'T have the solution either, and that I'm still looking.
Seafury is offline   Reply With Quote