View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #111
Worlds Beyond 2

Default Re: The Goodbye Thread / Options To stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbolon View Post
none of you can know for certain what this forum will become after you have left. You may well regret leaving.

What it "will become"?? probably fairly empty and narrow ..? Just my feeling, as it will lack the rich diversity / volume of information and knowledge and ideas provided by so many members who are not able or willing to pay to post. And, this is exactly one of my earlier points.. Bill/Kerry (I feel) are possibly likely to feel regret about the decision they made at some future point.. I could be wrong..... ho hum..

Quote:
You are actually demonstrating that you prefer self-service, i.e. what's in it for me? And yet, you want this world to change for the better...just as long as you are not asked to participate in it's change. This yearly subscription is in truth very low, and the vast majority would well be able to afford it.
Wow! Did you really mean that or think about it before saying it?? I beg to differ on your view here. I for one, have very little, materailly or financially. I came here as much to share my experiences with others as to learn from others experiences. Memebers who post are not "takers". Many, maybe MOST, are in fact "Givers", as they are sharing and providing information, knowledge, experience and learning. The members contributions are the SOLE content of the Avalon forum.

Also.. how can you possibly comment or know what any single person here does to make a contribution to this world?? Do you know any, or all of them?? What they have done / do now / do in future for others?? Who are you to estimate, assume or judge anybody's commitment or actions or record towards service to others / to the world, or to bringing about positive changes ???

Quote:
At this stage in the game i do not see the sense in leaving, because by doing so you will deliberately withold your knowledge and your support to the rest of us who would value your input.
I'm sure nobody who leaves has even contemplated this as being "Deliberately withholding knowlege" or denying "support"... as you seem to see it..... .it's more that many feel why should they be forced to pay to share their knowledge??? Or to participate??

The knowledge on the forum IS the knowledge ALREADY provided FREE OF CHARGE by the current members. So.. your point makes no sense, at any level, to me anyway. In fact, the reality, to me, is quite the reverse !! ... taken logically, surely it would then mean P/Avalon paying MEMBERS for the knowledge they give to create Forum Avalon?? Otherwise P/Avalon is just acting as a 'service to self' by asking people to contribute knowledge and ideas and support, AND then asking them to PAY for the privilege of doing so!!! lol.

........anyway... ...... so.... this post of yours makes me once again realise that the idea of "listening" and "seeking to understand" what many members are saying, instead of judging them/viewing them as 'wrong' comes into play again...

the accusation that people who are leaving "prefer self-service, i.e. what's in it for me? And yet, ..want this world to change for the better...just as long as you are not asked to participate in it's change" is not only laughable, it is quite insulting and deeply offensive, to me personally (you have NO idea what I do, what I give, or how I interact in this world, not my blanace of GIVE and TAKE in life!!).. and possibly will be equally as insulting and offensive to the many, many people (much more than me!) who have shared so much knowledge, wisdom, love and ideas on here.. and in other's lives/the wider world ... for FREE !!!

Last edited by Worlds Beyond 2; 11-19-2008 at 08:56 PM.