View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
celticstar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Daily Solar Status and how to protect oneself

Hi Carol.
Have a look at this. Found it on a page referenced on the alternative energy for your home thread.
Personal Utility Solar Power Pack While it may not resolve your challenges, it would run my ecoloblue and other things too.

Link to thread Alternative energy for your home Some good and interesting info on this thread. Good links too.

There are also some comments there about power for pumping water. Someone there, minimeister maybe, recommends using a DC pump for the water because it can run directly off solar panels. No inverter (I believe they are called). Good idea.

A couple of more links posted by minimeister:
Wholesale Solar

Mr Solar

And the site where I am looking at the solar generators I am thinking about:
Solar Stick Education Page

I am not incredibly knowledgeable about electricity and have tried to avoid it all my life-it always bites me. I get shocked in day to day life when others don't. Guess I'm going to have to learn a bit about it now.

DC is a good choice. If I have to replace my fridge (and it's making noises) I'll opt for one that runs AC/DC/propane. Had one in my old RV a few years ago and it was great!

To my embarrassment I have been using the term deep cell when I should have been saying deep cycle. As in deep cycle battery.

Think I'll go nose about a bit more.

Miriam
celticstar is offline   Reply With Quote