View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #39
Kate
Avalon Senior Member

Location: currently UK, searching for a safe relocation in next year
Default Re: HELP/SUPPORT If you are struggling with feelings/emotions? support here..!

ThanKyou Angel and I AM.....great to hear those viewpoints..and of course alot of insight there!! I have posted this as an independent thread as I feel it is an important question for so many......
I have always loved that Khalil gibrains THE PROPHET...totally beautiful and very true words!
Luckily, I have developed into the type of person who does very much believe that we dont 'own' our children..we are temporary guardians who are blessed by the lessons children bring forth to us!! My girl is age 11 now, and as it has always just been just the two of us since birth, we have an incredibly close bond... Sometimes, as a human being with flaws I get it wrong and can fail in being the best example..but she never judges, as she knows that I am 'there for her 100%' when she needs me!!

I guess the main thing is to keep communication open and continue letting her just interprete her world in her own sweet way! I do feel better for having shared and 'aired' this openly, because it had started to become a 'stuck' worry that I just couldnt share easily with family of friends.

Thankyou again people for such lovely thoughtful relflective response!
it makes the world of difference to feel the support and identification of others!
blessings to all of you on this forum!
firehorse
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote