View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
celestine420
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All Things NewEngland....redux

I've been giving something some thought. Take all the aspects of what may be on the horizon; martial law, economic crash, food shortage, civil unrest, weather, etc.

It seems that our region of the US has been showing less "symptoms" than say the southern states. People are less aware of turmoil because it's not staring them in the face just yet......NewEngland seems oddly pacified.

This, I believe, is due to the fact that we have always had it "better" than the rest of the states. This may be our ultimate downfall.

It is a microcosm of the macro situation that the entire US faces:
>>We as citizens took our freedoms and rights for granted...........and now they gone.<<

In the Northeast the people see themselves as above the rest of the country in many respects..........and may not take heed when strife hits our southern and western brothers, believing that it cannot possibly reach our hamlet of historic prosperity.

Basically I see a slow death of our region, giving those with open eyes ample time to "see"...........then act accordingly.

OR

TPTB could start the mayhem here...............effectively breaking the will of the rest of the country.

Imagine Boston.............lost to a disaster of any kind..................the Athens of America taken away as a resource and a guiding light.

damn i just scared myself
celestine420 is offline   Reply With Quote