View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #27
Church
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Serious question about popping the question (could use women's advice here)

No offense taken, mainly because of your willingness to include this little gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthetable
Boy oh boy tis is one post that keeps saying as i type DONT PRESS SUBMIT!!!!
I appreciate your candor, and that made me laugh, so bless you!!

Now to respond to your post, I can only assume that you didn't read my little "addendum" post halfway down page 1 where I addressed this, and truthfully, I don't blame you. I should probably re-edit my first post. But anyway, the deal is quite simply, my father just retired from his 40 year job, and as a treat to himself, he wanted to take all of his family on a cruise. It is his actual wish for all of us (his children and their significant others) to accompany him on this vacation. That is the only reason I will be on this cruise. My dad is NOT against consumerism and materialism. (Yet somehow he spawned me). So by going on this cruise, I am respecting my father's wishes.

As far as the ring goes, let's be fair, I never said I need to buy a diamond ring. In fact, that's why I'm here, posting this thread... to find out if it really matters whether the ring is a plastic lollipop ring, or if it's my nipple ring that I take off and slip over her finger, or if the ring really needs to be there at all? Heck, if it were up to me, I'd probably tattoo the ring right onto her finger. But it's not up to me. I'm concerned about what my Woman wants, or expects, regarding the engagement and/or ring. I truly, humbly, do not know a lot of times what to do when it comes to women, because, look, let's be honest here, men don't understand women a lot of the time! lol So basically, I just wanted to find out from other people, and specifically other women, what they think about this. I know that to many women a marriage proposal is a milestone event, and I want to do this right FOR HER BENEFIT, not necessarily mine.

Did that explain it? So in summary, I know that rings don't Matter (with a capital M) in the grand scheme of things, but in the small, personal, feminine side of things, don't they matter there?

Last edited by Church; 03-04-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Church is offline   Reply With Quote