View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Would this bother you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Yesterday I asked my wife (who is very practical) what she would do if there were a completely new paradigm - one in which all survival needs were automatically taken care of. ie: Everyone had a nice home, with a machine that could create food, clothing etc.

A paradigm where nobody worked and there were no 'for profit' corporations. Everything was provided in abundance for everyone.

She became very uncomfortable and resistant. She didn't want to consider the concept.

Why?
I most closely agree with Saundra and Marguerite Bee's responses...Arcora has made no mention of pursuing our heart's desire if everything was provided for us in abundance including all our survival needs such as food, clothing, etc..

This Paradigm Arcora describes sounds to me like a "COCOON"...surely you are all familiar with the movie!
Oh yes...that artificially cloned food tastes oh so yummy!! Did Percy the robot tell us to go to bed? Tomorrow morning I think I will count the number of toes I have on each foot...Shall I take the blue or red pill that Percy tells me I have to take each morning...You all get my drift?

Do you want a COCOON or FREEDOM? My vote will always be freedom...freedom to live my life the way I want to live it.
__________________________________________________ _____

Kick at the Darkness until it bleeds Daylight...Bruce Cockburn
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote