Thread: Avalon Singles
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #487
ellie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Avalon Singles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
And what happens if it doesn't work and it screws up my job?

It's bad enough that I just can't push myself to take the risk. It's times like this that I wish I knew how to use telepathy.

Also, tell me something: If a woman is super friendly to you, smiles at you and generally acts like this EVERY TIME you see her, what is that? Is that interest or is she just a really nice person? Am I reading too much into this? I can't tell anymore.
This is a bit of a worry for me as I am talking from experience re: work colleague relationships/affairs type thing. If it goes wrong, one of you invaribly has to leave the place of employment, only saying this because it happened to me, had to go, that was it. It is amazing how fast something like this gets around the office, it's like wild fire believe me. Other people just love this type of thing to gossip about.

On the other side I also know how you feel when you really like someone at work and your desperate to know how they would react. Okay I am thinking here, wait a sec............as far as her being nice to you whenever she sees you and smiling.....well gee, I used to do that to people I wasnt really keen on and I used to get really shy with someone I did have the hots for, but I suppose it depends on their personality.

So, if you are picking up a vibe and want to ask her out, see if there is an occasion at work coming up where you all go out to the pub, for lunch etc and maybe after a drink or two strike up a conversation. I suppose you have already found out covertly if she has a boyfriend/girlfriend? If she hasn't well then its up to you how you want to handle it my friend. I know how bloody difficult it can be with this, but I also know how it can explode in your face, because believe I am telling you now I have worked with people who hate their lives are miserable and just plod along and would give everything to be able to be young and free and single and because of their jealousy and resentment could make life hell for you, been there, done that, sold the t-shirt,

I remember I typed up a letter so no one could recognise my hand writing and sent an anonymous love note through the inter office mail.

See if you can come up with something that is proactive but also protects you as well. Let us know how you go.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote