View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #167
truthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Abraxas was banned and his group is closed

Well hello Avalon,

As one of the folks that had joined Abraxas’ social group, I find myself not only saddened and angered by this course of events, but deeply disturbed about what seems to be occurring here at Avalon. However, I am not really that surprised by what has occurred, as it has been building up for sometime now. This seems to be the latest in a series of events carried out by a certain small, but very vocal, group of Avalon members and moderators that appear to have been out for Abraxas from the time (or soon after) he first posted here at Avalon. This small group appear to have taken offense at some aspect or other of Abraxas’ Thuban perspective and presentation. They have now thrown the sexually offensive card at Abraxas and used that as justification to both ban him and close all threads associated with him, including the social group.

Additionally, beyond the relatively small offended group, there are many that simply do not feel the Abraxas material resonates with them. They have simply, and quite rightly for themselves, kept away from the Thuban material, only now being drawn into it by the dispute that has been occurring between those that find value in Abraxas’ material, but not necessarily accepting it all, and those that clearly feel offended or threatened by the material (i.e. the small group just mentioned).

This small but persistent group seem to have had very little in common with one another, other than their desire to hijack Abraxas’ thread by baiting, attacking and trying undermine everything presented. None of this group, as far as I have seen, presented their arguments in a constructively critical manner. It was all emotive, irrational finger-pointing because something in Abraxas’ material offended their sensibilities. This group are only unified in their dislike of Abraxas and his material and the fact that it challenges their cherished and sincerely held beliefs and opinions. For some he seemed to represent the fundamentalist Christian interpretation of the Devil or Satan, or at least one of his demonic minions. They were horrified at his use of both canonical and non canonical (not in the present day bible; e.g. The Gospel of Thomas) biblical passages, which they felt was blasphemous, considering who they believe him to be. For others he was a literal dragon, lizard or serpent (a literal negative reptilian ET, in human guise) out to delude us all so his kind can take over our planet and species. Still others were offended by his scientific writings, suggesting they were too incomprehensible and complicated. They maintained that this was part of Abraxas’ ruse to confuse any who might follow him. “Blind them with science, and they will believe anything” some of the opposition to Abraxas might cry.

What none of these offended individuals could seem to see was that their very attack on Abraxas’ and his material was but a projection of their own shadow material on to another (i.e. Abraxas). All that dark stuff that resides in each of us only remains so because we fail to shine the light of consciousness upon it. It is far easier to project outward and pretend that our inner demons are literal physical demons that take the form of Satan, the devil, dragons, serpents, lizards or reptilian ET’s. Yes, if we believe this strongly enough, these beings as astral or paraphysical (part astral and part physical) entities or in the guise of literal physical humans (New World Order) or ET’s (cold-blooded reptilians), will indeed attack and consume us or make us their slaves. This is precisely why we need to become both at one with and conscious of our own inner dragon and/or demons.

All this stuff about reptilian ET’s enslaving and consuming us is, at least in part, a metaphor for each of us being slaves to and consumed by our fear of the unknown darkness – the dragon or demons –within us. (Yes they can certainly manifest physically, as demons or ET’s, if such energies remain unconscious within us). Likewise, the mythology of dragon slaying by heroes such as St. George and St. Michael is, again at least in part, a metaphor for the rise of patriarchy and the subordination of women by the male dominator societies that have come to the fore over the last several thousand years. The dragon and the serpent represent the strong, powerful, sensuous and, dare I say it, sexual, feminine archetype that the angry, judgmental and fearful masculine archetype has tried to conquer and master. The ancient feminine power is now rising again. One form of this rising feminine power is the return of the dragon and the serpent. It is also represented by our planet, Gaia, as she begins to express her anger (earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, extremes of weather, etc.) at the damage that has been done to her by humanity and its patriarchal leadership.

Unfortunately, one member of either the smaller offended group or the larger disinterested group (not sure which, at this stage) is none other than one of the two co-founders of Camelot-Avalon, Bill Ryan. His opinion seems to carry a lot of weight here at Avalon at the moment. Much more so than his now ex-partner (I mean in the business sense here, though I gather that they were romantically involved in the early days of Camelot) and co-founder of Camelot-Avalon, Kerry Cassidy.

Unfortunately, Bill chose to make it very clear to the moderators, at the end of last month, that in his opinion the Thuban Q & A thread should be closed down. Bill also made it clear that he believed Abraxas was delusional. He also felt that Avalon was not the place to discuss and debate differing metaphysical frameworks. Both these opinions were highly questionable in my own humble opinion, particularly the last one regarding discussion around metaphysical frameworks. If we can not discuss such things here, where can we do so? With regard to the charge of Abraxas being delusional, I ask this. Are we not all delusional to some degree? Beliefs, opinions, judgments we all express in some form or other. These too could be considered delusional. Some say a belief in God or a higher force is delusional? What about a belief in ghosts, angels, demons, spirits or ET's?

So, Bill gave his very strongly stated opinion, leaving it up to the moderators to decide whether they close the Thuban thread or not. One of the moderators closed the thread, against his better judgment, thinking that this was what Bill had requested. He re-opened the thread a few days later, when he realised his mistake. However, the damage had been done the moment Bill expressed a very strong opinion about the Thuban material being false. This provided a lot more fuel for the little fire that the offended group had created against Abraxas. The Thuban threads days here at Avalon were surely numbered then. I will be very surprised if Bill does anything other than support the actions of the small group of moderators and members who have closed down all things Thuban and banned Abraxas. I would love to be wrong on this and will put up my hand and say so if Bill contradicts my expectation.

Bill's integrity, already in doubt for me, rests on what he does or does not do in response to this irrational and emotive witch hunt. It is my suspicion, that in good time, but probably not immediately, all things relating to channeling or downloading (watch out you Ashayana Deanne fans) from alleged higher sources will be slowly removed from Avalon, if Bill gets his way. Whilst I question many of these channeled and downloaded sources, to stop all discussion of them here at Avalon, would be, in my view, a big mistake. By the way, I do not think many, if any, of the claims made by the various whistle blowers, witnesses and contactees are any more reliable (in some cases they are less so) than most channeled sources presented here at Avalon and elsewhere. Bill gives the impression that such are more grounded in reality than the channeled sources. I see little evidence to support this contention.

Really, it appears to me, that what has gone on here at Avalon in relation to the Abraxas thread, is the latest reflection of the ongoing personal conflict between Bill and Kerry, that has become more and more evident over the past year or so. The Camelot – St. Clair, Camelot – Burisch, Camelot – Greer, Camelot – Rense, Ryan – High and Ryan – Kinsumei2 conflicts were earlier versions of this. So, their own conflict with each other is a microcosm of these other Avalon and Camelot conflicts, in my view. And yet all of those conflicts together are themselves each a microcosm of the still wider conflict we see going on across our planet. The macrocosm is reflected in the microcosm; as above, so below; as within, so without.

Many here seem to feel that Bill is the more objective and rational member of the Camelot duo and that Kerry is the more intuitive and emotional one. Whilst Kerry is clearly intuitive (as is Bill, in myopinion), but also irrational and overly emotional at times, what many Avalonians fail to see is that many of Bill’s apparently objective and rational comments and statements are merely a cover for his own quite irrational and emotional processing. He is just better at hiding his irrational side than Kerry. Bill has aired his own differences publicly with Kerry, just as she has with him. The only difference is that he has done so in a more subtle manner than Kerry. Ideally, neither of them should have bought their personal issues to either Camelot or Avalon. It is fine for them to disagree publicly, but they need to do this in a rational and objective manner and simply agree to differ. However, what has occurred here at Avalon lately is far more personal than that and there is very little objectivity occurring from either party at present. It has everything to do with a personal relationship having gone sour, in my humble opinion.

So to Bill and Kerry, I say this. Get over it, move on and stop taking your personal grievances with each other, albeit unconsciously, out on the moderators and posters here at Avalon.

I shall certainly remain a member of this forum in the short term, just to watch what goes on here as this increasing conflict either gets worse or begins to resolve itself. I might even post occasionally, if I don’t get banned after this comment. Whether I remain here in the longer term depends on how things pan out. A more dictatorial approach to what is and is not allowed here, which is what Bill seems to be proposing, will most definitely turn me away from both Avalon and Camelot. Clear evidence of a more tolerant and open approach to all perspectives will keep me interested. So watch this space on that one.

However, already, though I respect Bill and Kerry as individuals and for much of what they have accomplished, I have lost faith in the integrity of both founders of Camelot-Avalon. This also leads me to question their credibility as objective observers and recorders of the information that they gather from their various sources.

Best Wishes to you all,

Truthseeker (Andrew)