View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #28
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seeking self-sustained, off-the-grid living environment or radiant community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie1971 View Post
To the north of Coeur d` Alene on 95 go on past the great "city" of Sandpoint and you find yet more wonder and a much smaller town. With other small towns all around. The County is Boundry the boarder of Canada to the north, East is Montana, if you fly over the mountains to the west is Washington.
This little area has a very large group of people who are all walking in thier won faith path. Some go to church, others have woke up and in fact each week more and more groups come together to trade ideas and share what can we each do.
This is a place that feels safe to me. There are many lower areas where I would not build or buy a house. Yet there are many places yet to build with many who live "off the grid". It is wonderful here right now it is winter, very cold. Snowing right now.
Interesting you suggest that area, I've considered Coeur d'Alene as a destination after New Age Messiah brought it up. So it's nice to hear more about it...definitely will need to trade my 2wd car in for a 4wd, I can see that coming.

Sounds like there are quite a few people up there who are aware and have woke up to the changing world we live in, so I'll have to look into it more...

How's the economy up there? Are there jobs, or has it been hit pretty hard like so many other areas?

Thanks for the input...

Last edited by AscendingStarseed; 12-29-2009 at 08:32 AM.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote