View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
NXS
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Pathetic Avalon Posters Wasting Time?

Before I get into my statement, I'd just like to say that while my post count is not high, I have been a daily visitor to this forum since its inception, and am proud to be a part of the community here at Avalon and Camelot. With that being said, I would like to say a couple of things....

I would just like to say that in my opinion, there seems to be a struggle on this forum. You've got individuals looking for truth, and searching through information, and then you've got certain individuals planting asinine reports, engaging in fear mongering and laundering disinformation at an alarming rate.

My personal feelings are this. The world, in its current state, is full of good and bad. The Yin and Yang. Without one, you cannot have the other. My point is, you have to find and take the path that is right for you. Don't let negative thoughts or connotations steer you from finding your own personal truth.

Conversely, don't allow tales of peace and prosperity keep you from seeing the potential threat of negative energy and actions that are around you. Take the information you receive, analyze and process it, then from that, form your opinion. If you feel someone is simply providing disinformation, or fear mongering, then steer clear of that information. There are two sides to every coin, just as there are truths and falsehoods in EVERYTHING.

On another note, one thing I have found that I do not find to be a personal "truth" is that we are all one collective. In the aspect that we're all human beings sharing this planet, I will concur... but it seems to me that individualism is placed on the back burner by several people here who scrutinize and belittle individuals with a train of thought that is different than theirs. This same practice has lead to the departure of several respectable members of this forum.

Just like the stars and planets in the skies, each and every one of us are unique. To turn our backs on our own beliefs and truths, to simply cater to those of someone else is a disservice to ourselves as human beings and as individuals. God (or the higher powers) gave us the ability to think freely and form our own opinions, truths, and beliefs. This does not mean to close ones self off from opinions that differ from yours, but to be open, respectful, and tactful when encountering said information, even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

I truly believe in my heart that if more people practiced common courtesy and mutual respect, the world would be a better place. The vast majority of us here @ Avalon and Camelot, though dealing with problems of our own, are very lucky and fortunate to be able to congregate, share information, and interact with one another. We have a world of information at our fingertips, and while some, if not most of that information might not ring true to you, that does not mean something can't be learned from it. What you take away from the information you receive rests on your shoulders.

At the end of the day, you have to find meaning for yourself, but to close yourself off to ideas that don't necessarily coincide with your own is a disservice, not only to you, but to those who take the time and effort to compile said information.

I respect and admire everyone here, even if I'm not always in agreement with their position or opinion. Love, and be loved. That is the key...
NXS is offline   Reply With Quote