View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #427
no caste

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Well, on Inauguration Eve, I'm going to plaster a video in the corner of the lounge, to stay sharp (I know, TV is lulling). Brzezinski???

"Brzezinski's foreign 'policy' during the Carter administration, as he has since admitted without regret, was to entice the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan in December, 1979. The idea, he said, was to weaken their rival superpower and the result was a ten-year occupation that cost the lives of an estimated 1.3 million Afghans and spawned the Mujahedin, Taliban and Osama bin Laden."

Reminder clips, from one failing hand to the new one: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=civSl_rozdk

PRESIDENT BUSH, ONE MORE SLEEP! SEE YOU AT THE INQUIRY. I choose this quote as GWB's final words:

"Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. [uh-oh] I was able to - I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that. -US News and World Report, January 22, 2001.

For Obama, I hope you have your own wits, not a "30,000 years in the future" headspace on. This is my lucky cap for you:

If I were a penguin and Bush walked by....

LOVE, PEACE, DRAFT BEER