View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Montreal (Quebec) General discussion

I got a message from a guest that used to be on the forum that is also interested to go up north for the tour/ mtg. She also offered to let us use her place for future meetings. Her message is as follows:

..most definitely would love to go May 23 or 24, but will have to go with my family (kids 7 and 8 and no baby sitter (bummer) and hubby) because I can't drive, I have a stupid frozen shoulder. If this too much for you to put up, please say so, no offense will be taken.

...I wondered why you thought I was being generous by offering my house for meetings...then I realized the different concept of what a home is this side of the pond. Home, for North Americans is the safe haven, the cocoon, the refuge from the outside world, but for us Europeans is where we live and where we receive guests, and ringing someone's doorbell unannounced is NOT a major "faux pas"!

So I reiterate my invitation, (did I tell you I'm a very good cook?), the house is not very big but the back yard is huge for Montreal standards and we have a WOOD barbecue and many trees. Please tell the others.

I'll look at the posts for further instructions, if you don't object us going in such a big numbers, and will keep in touch.

Thank you once again

Susana

I don't have a problem if you bring your family.

Best Regard,
Wayne
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote