Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: American soldier tells his story

Quote:
Originally Posted by day View Post
You wouldn’t catch me dead in Iraq
by Peter Laufer , Sunday Times Magazine (UK). August 27, 2006

Scores of American troops are deserting — even from the front line in Iraq. But where have they gone? And why isn’t the US Army after them? Peter Laufer tracked down four of the deserters.

They are the US troops in Iraq to whom the American administration prefers not to draw attention. They are the deserters – those who have gone Awol from their units and not returned, risking imprisonment and opprobrium.

rest of the story here
http://www.couragetoresist.org/x/content/view/123/27/

I read a story from a site I found on globalresearchca.com once and they had the number of men and women in Iraq at twice the amount dead or missing right from the start. Now the story said they were in a hospital (cell) in Britain. I firmly believed the story at the time and still do. So if our media said 4000 dead, they reported 8000 and OMG I think last count I heard over 2 million Iraqi's so so awful

I wish I could put the story up here for you and maybe I will be able to track it down again. I lost all my information on a computer crash last year. It was a very interesting story and it was coming right off the front lines of the war.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote