Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Economy and Currency (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Attention. Bankrupcy Planning. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7947)

Vril5 11-21-2008 05:14 PM

Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
Many Coorperations will close in the beginning of the new year!.
Be careful with Gift Cards around the Holidays!
Date: 20th Nov 08 10:52 PM
Subject: caution...
I wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you tend to give gift cards
around the holidays, you need to be careful that the cards will be honored after the holidays. Stores that are planning to close after Christmas are
still selling the cards through the holidays even though the cards will be
worthless January 1. There is no law preventing them from doing this. On the contrary, it is referred to as: 'Bankrupcy Planning). Below is a partial
list of stores that you need to be cautious about. :wink2:
Circuit City (filed Chapter 11)
Ann Taylor- 117 stores nationwide closing.
Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug ,and Catherine's to close 150 stores nationwide.
Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January.
Cache will close all stores.
Talbots closing down specialty stores.
J. Jill closing all stores (owned by Talbots).
Pacific Sunwear (also owned by Talbots).
GAP closing 85 stores.
Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January.
Wickes Furniture closing down.
Levitz closing down remaining stores.
Bombay closing remaining stores.
Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January.
Whitehall closing all stores.
Piercing Pagoda closing all stores.
Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.
Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ ( New Brunswick ).
Macys to close 9 stores after January.
Linens and Things closing all stores.
Movie Galley Closing all stores.
Pep Boys Closing 33 stores.
Sprint/Nextel closing 133 stores.
JC Penney closing a number of stores after January.
Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
Wilson Leather closing down all stores.
Sharper Image closing down all stores.
K B Toys closing 356 stores. Loews to close down some stores.
Dillard's to close some stores.

This info was given to me by a friend Doctorbunny, who said that it was info coming from a familymember who works for the vice president of a financial institution (he's a financial adviser).:zip:

If this is just the beginning of a economic closedown before some great events will start happen! Be aware and careful with your private economy! :) Best wishes Vril5 :)

Gnosis5 11-21-2008 10:01 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
What is going to happen to all of their inventory?

HOPEFUL 11-21-2008 10:23 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
...

Humble Janitor 11-21-2008 11:15 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
The source is too suspicious. Are you sure you're not just repeating a spam chain email?

Vril5 11-22-2008 02:47 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Hi
I´m not shure of anything! :) Just wanted to pass the info. to more people in hope of helping someone to avoid being cheated! :)
But in a way there´s more in the info then just saving some possible money! I think! :)
What do you think? Thats a lot of buisnesses closing down! How many do you think will close down not even mentioned in that mail ?
Best wishes

Northern Boy 11-23-2008 06:24 AM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble Janitor (Post 84678)
The source is too suspicious. Are you sure you're not just repeating a spam chain email?

Well I think its true I get a newsletter from Martin Weiss and he says the same thing this is from his newsletter I received on Nov 19 2008.
Here’s the latest:

EARNINGS VANISHING: Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tiffany, Lowes, Target and many other retailers have all issued some of the most disturbing earnings warnings in history.

SALES CRATERING: Kohl’s sales slumped 11% in October. Macy’s sales fell 7.9%. At Nordstrom, sales plunged more than 15%. At Saks Fifth Avenue and Gap, sales plummeted 16% and 17%, respectively. Neiman Marcus sales cratered a staggering 28%.

FIRE SALES EVERYWHERE: Cash-strapped retailers are slashing prices to the bone just to survive. American Eagle, Ann Taylor, Chico’s, Soma, Gap, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Talbots, J. Jill and many others are offering such deep discounts, they’re already sabotaging their own holiday sales even before the season begins.

HUNDREDS OF STORES CLOSING: Mervyn’s is liquidating its entire inventory at 149 stores it’s closing. The now-bankrupt Circuit City is closing 155 stores. Linens ‘n Things, Steve & Barry’s and many other chains are also closing hundreds of stores nation-wide.

And now, just when retailers thought the news couldn’t get any worse ...

Moody’s Warns:
Massive Epidemic of Company Bankruptcies Ahead!

Yesterday, Moody’s rocked Wall Street and Main Street alike, warning that — because consumer spending has now stalled — 14% of ALL major U.S. companies are on the verge of BANKRUPTCY.

That’s an all-time high — the greatest number of endangered firms since Moody’s began keeping records!

As you well know, ratings agencies are infamous for their overly optimistic reports. So when Moody’s says you should brace yourself for an epidemic of corporate bankruptcies, you’d better hang onto your hat!

Vril5 11-23-2008 06:24 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Hi Northern Boy
Exactly my thoughts! :) You´d better hang onto your Hat! :)
2009 will be a VERY "exiting" year! And countrys from where USA can borrow money are "shrinking" !! Now its after China, almost only Japan who got that kind of currency reserves. So Let´s say... eh.. 2 - 4 months! So "buckle up your seatbelts" and prepare for a year with many surprises! :( :)
Best wishes

Humble Janitor 11-23-2008 09:35 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Boy (Post 85478)
Well I think its true I get a newsletter from Martin Weiss and he says the same thing this is from his newsletter I received on Nov 19 2008.
Here’s the latest:

EARNINGS VANISHING: Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tiffany, Lowes, Target and many other retailers have all issued some of the most disturbing earnings warnings in history.

SALES CRATERING: Kohl’s sales slumped 11% in October. Macy’s sales fell 7.9%. At Nordstrom, sales plunged more than 15%. At Saks Fifth Avenue and Gap, sales plummeted 16% and 17%, respectively. Neiman Marcus sales cratered a staggering 28%.

FIRE SALES EVERYWHERE: Cash-strapped retailers are slashing prices to the bone just to survive. American Eagle, Ann Taylor, Chico’s, Soma, Gap, Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Talbots, J. Jill and many others are offering such deep discounts, they’re already sabotaging their own holiday sales even before the season begins.

HUNDREDS OF STORES CLOSING: Mervyn’s is liquidating its entire inventory at 149 stores it’s closing. The now-bankrupt Circuit City is closing 155 stores. Linens ‘n Things, Steve & Barry’s and many other chains are also closing hundreds of stores nation-wide.

And now, just when retailers thought the news couldn’t get any worse ...

Moody’s Warns:
Massive Epidemic of Company Bankruptcies Ahead!

Yesterday, Moody’s rocked Wall Street and Main Street alike, warning that — because consumer spending has now stalled — 14% of ALL major U.S. companies are on the verge of BANKRUPTCY.

That’s an all-time high — the greatest number of endangered firms since Moody’s began keeping records!

As you well know, ratings agencies are infamous for their overly optimistic reports. So when Moody’s says you should brace yourself for an epidemic of corporate bankruptcies, you’d better hang onto your hat!

I get it.

I don't shop much anyway so I don't see this affecting me much. Unless Wal-Mart or K-Mart go totally out of business. I only rely on both to find clothes that fit, as much as I detest Wal-Mart.

Northern Boy 11-23-2008 10:04 PM

Re: Attention. Bankrupcy Planning.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vril5 (Post 85673)
Hi Northern Boy
Exactly my thoughts! :) You´d better hang onto your Hat! :)
2009 will be a VERY "exiting" year! And countrys from where USA can borrow money are "shrinking" !! Now its after China, almost only Japan who got that kind of currency reserves. So Let´s say... eh.. 2 - 4 months! So "buckle up your seatbelts" and prepare for a year with many surprises! :( :)
Best wishes

Predictions are that gas should remain around $1.50 a gallon in the U.S. and we will remain close to where we are right now for roughly the next 9- 12 months after that inflation is supposed to rear its ugly head so stock up on your food water and gas while you can and watch the stock market


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon