Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Preparations / Advice (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Preparation: What it means to me. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7579)

Ampgod 11-16-2008 08:08 AM

Preparation: What it means to me.

Preparation to me means mental preparation.

I know now that I am prepared for anything that may come my way.
The fear left me a while back and what remained is a powerful sense of inner strength.

What does prepare mean to you?

Live Love, Seek Truth,
Ampgod

Baggywrinkle 11-16-2008 08:19 AM

Re: Preparation: What it means to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampgod (Post 80877)

Doing what I can to see that my brother is prepared.

Come what may.

dayzero 11-16-2008 09:47 AM

>

capreycorn 11-16-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampgod (Post 80877)
Preparation to me means mental preparation.

I know now that I am prepared for anything that may come my way.
The fear left me a while back and what remained is a powerful sense of inner strength.
Live Love, Seek Truth,
Ampgod

IŽll have the same ..and ...
taking all necessary measures, that family, or whoever finds my work of preparedness will have a fighting chance, should I not be around any more to guide or instruct.:thumb_yello:

burgundia 11-16-2008 02:35 PM

Means- getting informed, broadening my knowledge of everything, listening to my inner voice, allowing things to happen, trying to remain peaceful.

Lance 11-18-2008 01:46 AM

I refuse to 'prepare' and have simply waltzed off into another Universe where I do everything I need to do to live and eat. Preparing for what exactly? Death? It comes to us all and the best option we have is to make the most of our lives and eating/drinking/smoking well. Don't fear death or change because those two options you can not opt out of. But hey, I've a years worth of food, not 'freeze dried' junk, real food, in rotation and buying in bulk saved our household several $1000.00 of dollars.
Pretty simple really, prepare for change because it always is.

malakai 11-18-2008 04:56 AM

Hey great to hear you are prepared with your food but guess what "that freeze dried food junk will save your life "
30 year shelf life , mountain house cans I have 1 year for a family of 4 as a base. All the real food you call is on top of this.
So I suggest you have a plan B on your plan B so to speak.
Peace to all
T

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 81981)
I refuse to 'prepare' and have simply waltzed off into another Universe where I do everything I need to do to live and eat. Preparing for what exactly? Death? It comes to us all and the best option we have is to make the most of our lives and eating/drinking/smoking well. Don't fear death or change because those two options you can not opt out of. But hey, I've a years worth of food, not 'freeze dried' junk, real food, in rotation and buying in bulk saved our household several $1000.00 of dollars.
Pretty simple really, prepare for change because it always is.

Lance 11-18-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malakai (Post 82095)
Hey great to hear you are prepared with your food but guess what "that freeze dried food junk will save your life "
30 year shelf life , mountain house cans I have 1 year for a family of 4 as a base. All the real food you call is on top of this.
So I suggest you have a plan B on your plan B so to speak.
Peace to all
T

So you can 'survive' as I 'thrive'?
You 'dig in' while I make community?
I feed whomever whilst you shoot strangers?
I'll plant and fish and hunt while you hunker down in fear?
I can feed, clothe and house my family and friends with ease, given less restrictions in BC of all places.
I WON'T and refuse to 'SURVIVE', I plan on making a mint at the end of the age of empire. Whoopeee...30 years when ya got one or two to go through...quinoa lasts 7 without being freeze dried junk/paranoia food. Amaranth lasts longer and I can grow both, can you?

It Is good to have seeds, it is better to have seeds and know how to use them, and it is best to have seeds that you now how to use and a place to plant them. I'll stick with my quinoa and amaranth over freeze dried 'survival' (whatever the heck that means) junk anyday. What can you PLANT out of your freeze dried junk anyways? Long, slow starvation over rapid seed distribution...hmmmmmm, I'll take the later myself.
Yumm mountain house compost...