Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Word: "Warrior" (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19868)

Greetings 02-06-2010 01:37 AM

The Word: "Warrior"
 
I was reading the forum based on Project Light Warrior (Also in General Discussion), and i just wanted to start this thread for the meaning behind the word "warrior".


In this world (which we are moving above and beyond), a brief google definition of the word resembles...


war·ri·or (wôr-r, wr-)
n.
1. One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
2. One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict: neighborhood warriors fighting against developers.


--------

My two cents conclude this - I consider myself a warrior, a warrior for peace.

I was gifted a book on this last backpacking journey i took of europe (mostly in the mountains), and through a remarkable set of synchronicities i was gifted a book titled Shambhala - The Path of the Warrior. I read this book continuously between meditation centres and volunteering for folks (im a poor dude) and was planning on giving it to my parents. Unfortunately, it's such an enlightening book that the baggage guys coming back into the country snagged it. Thats the way of the universe, maybe they needed the knowledge badly.

Nevertheless, an excerpt from the book is stuck in my mind - it goes something like...


"A warrior is someone who is so connected with his world, that the landing of a butterfly on his palm will bring tears to his eyes, the blowing of the wind will bring him to his knees, weeping in happiness.":lightsabre:



p.s. thats a lightsaber of peace, like the jedi!

tone3jaguar 02-06-2010 02:07 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Exactly why I have not attempted to become a part of the Light Warrior section. My days of playing the game of polarity by doing spiritual battle ended when I realized it was a game.

omshanti 02-06-2010 06:44 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
hey, greetings...yeah, i get your point, it is the INTENTION behind the word...
still, "a warrior for peace" sure sounds like george dubya as far as i am concerned

Kra 02-06-2010 07:07 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greetings (Post 234117)
My two cents conclude this - I consider myself a warrior, a warrior for peace.
p.s. thats a lightsaber of peace, like the jedi!

Peace is the opposite of fighting (war). You cannot fight for peace. You cannot be a warrior of peace. Peace implies that you do not fight, you love.

es7ter 02-06-2010 07:19 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Dear Greetings and fellow Avalonians,
We are either at war or at peace. The two cannot happen in the same time. However sometimes it feels like that even serving the light can turn us into warriors instead of peace makers. The line between the two can be very fine. The temptation is great to give in and let some other energy control our actions than unconditional love and the feeling of oneness with everybody and everything around us.
Look at Joan of Arc for example, what does it make her? According to the story she was a warrior of the light and had communicated with Archangel Michael for guidance… Bloody end to the tale though.
Who knows…I’m just philosophizing here. Good topic in my humble opinion glad you’ve brought it up.

MargueriteBee 02-06-2010 07:59 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Hummmm, my battle is to conquer myself, also referred to as overcoming the flesh, as in conquering fear and addictions,changing thought patterns, unloading old baggage, etc. I think of it as 'running up the mountain'.

burgundia 02-06-2010 10:10 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kra (Post 234191)
Peace is the opposite of fighting (war). You cannot fight for peace. You cannot be a warrior of peace. Peace implies that you do not fight, you love.

Exactly!!

We can also have a rainy desert, sandy jungle, warm iceberg..:lol3:

Jonah 02-06-2010 06:06 PM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MargueriteBee (Post 234199)
I think of it as 'running up the mountain'.

I like that

like running up the mountain with bad knees for some

amate 02-09-2010 09:13 PM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
To my understanding "The Path of the Shambhala Warrior" is about the battle against one's own selfishness or ego.
The challenge of this warriorship is to step out of the cocoon, to step out into space, by being brave and at the same time gentle

Shaynard 02-09-2010 09:46 PM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
"Battle" and "War" are not exactly the same thing, although it is a common correlation. I would call Ghandi a warrior for peace. Passive Aggressive resistance, causing conflict (battle) in a non-physical way.

War and peace are opposites in most logic, so it would be impossible to have both. A Warrior is engaged in a battle (not always physical) for a reason.. If that reason is to bring about peace, than "A Warrior for peace" would be acceptable. Once peace is achieved that Warrior's purpose is achieved, and in that it is no longer needed. The Warrior returns to being, a "being of peace".

In light, of love
Shaynard

seeingterra 02-09-2010 09:56 PM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaynard (Post 236036)
"Battle" and "War" are not exactly the same thing, although it is a common correlation. I would call Ghandi a warrior for peace. Passive Aggressive resistance, causing conflict (battle) in a non-physical way.

War and peace are opposites in most logic, so it would be impossible to have both. A Warrior is engaged in a battle (not always physical) for a reason.. If that reason is to bring about peace, than "A Warrior for peace" would be acceptable. Once peace is achieved that Warrior's purpose is achieved, and in that it is no longer needed. The Warrior returns to being, a "being of peace".

In light, of love
Shaynard


That is pretty much how I consider the meaning of the word in relation to PLW. I don't think I could have put it any better myself :)

tone3jaguar 02-10-2010 03:25 AM

Re: The Word: "Warrior"
 
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amate (Post 236018)
To my understanding "The Path of the Shambhala Warrior" is about the battle against one's own selfishness or ego.
The challenge of this warriorship is to step out of the cocoon, to step out into space, by being brave and at the same time gentle


Yes, and the ego manifests spiritual adversity into your experience which you then end up doing what at the time seems like life and death battle with "evil". Then one day you finally submit and let go of wanting to win and the adversity stops completely.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon