Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Economy and Currency (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   GOOD NEWS??? Bernanke says recession 'very likely over' LOL (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16495)

peaceandlove 09-15-2009 04:56 PM

GOOD NEWS??? Bernanke says recession 'very likely over' LOL

MORE PROPAGANDA FOR THE SLEEPING MASSES! :mfr_lol:

Bernanke says recession 'very likely over'

By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer – 1 hr 19 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday that the worst recession since the 1930s is probably over.

Bernanke said the economy likely is growing now, but it won't be sufficient to prevent the unemployment rate, now at a 26-year high of 9.7 percent, from rising.

"The recession is very likely over at this point," Bernanke said in responding to questions at the Brookings Institution.

The Fed boss also said he is confident that Congress will enact a revamp of the nation's financial rule book to prevent a future crisis from happening.

"I feel quite confident that a comprehensive reform will be forthcoming," Bernanke said. It has been "too big a calamity" over the past year, with the near meltdown of the U.S. financial system, for Congress not to take action, he added.

President Barack Obama on Monday urged Congress to enact legislation this year.

Bernanke's speech to at Brookings was identical to the one he delivered last month at a Fed conference in Wyoming. Analysts predict the economy is growing in the current quarter, which ends Sept. 30, at an annual rate of 3 to 4 percent. It contracted at a 1 percent pace in the second quarter.

SOURCE: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/...VybmFua2VzYXlz

Northern Boy 09-15-2009 05:15 PM

Re: GOOD NEWS??? Bernanke says recession 'very likely over' LOL

Wonder if he is willing to bet on that Statement

peaceandlove 09-15-2009 11:23 PM

There was no definite 'STATEMENT' made by Bernanke, only 'virtual' verbalization :naughty:

'very likely over'

worst recession since the 1930s is 'probably over'

economy 'likely' is growing

comprehensive reform will be 'forthcoming'

'near meltdown'
Sounds like one of those commercials that say 'virtually safe' or 'virtually free' :mfr_lol:

Similar to our 'virtual' President. :lightsabre:

Tango 09-16-2009 04:24 AM

Yeah... He is Right the recession has Ended...

Two weeks ago, unemployment went to double digits; That's a ' depression.'

They'll do anything to make it sound like they are doing something; other

than pulling their ' richard's.' The only thing that comes out of Ben's

mouth is more Shif... I want them held accountable...

Trooly,

Tango

Barcarolle 09-16-2009 05:35 AM

The hard sell is now being heavily sold to attract in new sucker money into the markets while the fat cats cash in all their holdings.

All media outlets will also talk things up to promote a "thriving" economy, this will be the icing on the cake before the rug gets pulled completely.

Hyper inflation is maybe a few months away, soon paper money will be used for toilet paper ............ Heres an idea.

Might be a viable business proposition for Avalon marketing here, Federal Reserve Toilet Paper ... (with all the excess money being printed at plague like proportions), I think we can get pictures added to these proposed toilet bills with illuminati/Secret Society's/Fed Reserve members/Acorn/ three letter government agencies ect and all people involved with fraud/deception on each sheet .... This may provide some enjoyable sittings or perhaps some enjoyment for us when its time for us to take a dump.

JesterTerrestrial 09-16-2009 05:40 AM

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/s...117_money8.jpg

:D

peaceandlove 09-16-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barcarolle (Post 169283)
This may provide some enjoyable sittings or perhaps some enjoyment for us when its time for us to take a dump.

Good One Barcarolle!

TtC, are you there? Going :ot: for a minute!!! :yikes:
(meant to be a joke TtC because I had just read your Replying to Posts thread: http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15717 )

PUMP FIRST...THEN DUMP!!! :mfr_lol:

Here is some good advice about Pump and Dump Schemes from a commission that has no idea how to spot them. :naughty:

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission

Pump and Dump Schemes

"Pump and dump" schemes, also known as "hype and dump manipulation," involve the touting of a company's stock (typically microcap companies) through false and misleading statements to the marketplace. After pumping the stock, fraudsters make huge profits by selling their cheap stock into the market.

Pump and dump schemes often occur on the Internet (LOL) where it is common to see messages posted that urge readers to buy a stock quickly or to sell before the price goes down, or a telemarketer will call using the same sort of pitch. Often the promoters (The Fed) will claim to have "inside" information about an impending development or to use an "infallible" combination of economic and stock market data to pick stocks. In reality, they may be company insiders or paid promoters (newspapers) who stand to gain by selling their shares after the stock price is "pumped" up by the buying frenzy they create. Once these fraudsters "dump" their shares and stop hyping the stock, the price typically falls, and investors lose their money.

For more information about microcap fraud, please read our publication, Microcap Stock: A Guide for Investors.

http://www.sec.gov/answers/pumpdump.htm

SOURCE and DISCLAIMER: http://www.sec.gov/answers/pumpdump.htm

I think I better give it up for the night, I'm having a hard time trying to replace words in the above article and make sense. You probably know what I'm trying to achieve. GOOD NIGHT!

Sarahmay 09-16-2009 12:59 PM

Well, something is over. Stay tuned to see what...

pyrangello 09-16-2009 03:32 PM

My good friend from 7th grade who day trades the stock market said that all the graphs and charts are showing everything should be tanking in the market and it is not.

I take care of repo homes, we are presently cleaning out new repos 2-6 per day, it's double what it was a year ago and I keep hearing there is a huge wave of homes yet to come in but nobody knows when it's going to hit.

Just stay positive , help as many as you can and we all need to pull together to get thru all of this , eliminate fear by generating giving and hope. Eliminate fear by saying where is my next opportunity? Eliminate fear if you are at the bottom by saying "one day it's gonna get better , it's just a question of when". I know I was there at one time and things will turn around and persistance pays off.

pineal-pilot-in merkabah 09-16-2009 03:43 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::l mao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

TheObserver 09-16-2009 04:01 PM

A thought - "tis better to be poor and cheerful than rich and fearful"

Tango 09-16-2009 05:33 PM

I don't trust them... Ok, this video says it all...

YouTube - CARLITO'S WAY 1993 - O'JAYS - 'BACK STABBERS'
Their all Backstabbers...

Tango

happyhollergal 09-17-2009 04:24 AM

Call me prejudiced, but as soon as I read the name Bernanke, I knew if he spoke he was lying. To top that off, he was speaking at the Brookings Institute, which we will remember was the same idiotic group who said way back when that the masses would go hysterical if they were told that UFOs and Aliens are real. It appears to me that ole boy Bernanke only speaks to his own choir members.

Christo888 09-17-2009 04:50 AM

Bubble Ben :lol3: is acting out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" to a tee.

But this time 'Cindy Lou Who' will grab ol Bubble Ben :lol3: by the short hairs when his hand is in the cookie jar and his identity will be on full display for all to see.:naughty:

Bubble Ben :lol3: and All Greenspent:lmao:, you guys are the best... so sneaky no one will ever find out... :naughty:

Obama go out and have a ciggy, no one will know and you'll feel better.

sammytray 09-17-2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo888 (Post 169613)
Bubble Ben :lol3: is acting out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" to a tee.

But this time 'Cindy Lou Who' will grab ol Bubble Ben :lol3: by the short hairs when his hand is in the cookie jar and his identity will be on full display for all to see.:naughty:

Bubble Ben and All Greenspent, you guys are the best... so sneaky no one will ever find out... :naughty:

Obama go out and have a ciggy, no one will know and you'll feel better.

:lmfao::smoke:

Starlah 09-17-2009 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=peaceandlove;169175]MORE PROPAGANDA FOR THE SLEEPING MASSES! :mfr_lol:

Bernanke says recession 'very likely over'

By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer – 1 hr 19 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday that the worst recession since the 1930s is probably over.

Horse??!?!....:trumpet::trumpet:I think he needs to look where the Sun doesn't shine.......
__________________________________________________ ____
History is a lie commonly agreed upon..............Voltaire

peaceandlove 09-18-2009 09:09 AM

???????

Sept. 15, 2009

Gold at record high AFTER Bernanke says recession is over

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures climbed back above the $1,000-an-ounce mark to finish at a new record on Tuesday, after upbeat U.S. economic reports and as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the recession is likely over.

However, he and other Fed officials reiterated views that unemployment will remain high and that the economy stay weak well into next year, fueling expectations that the central bank will continue to provide ample liquidity.

The front-month September gold contract ended up $5.10, or 0.5%, at $1,005.0 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. This marks the highest settlement for a nearby gold contract. The more active December contract rose $5.20, or 0.5%, to finish at $1,006.30 an ounce.

"Gold is continuing to knock on the $1,000-an-ounce door without making a concerted effort either way to test resistance or support," analysts at Goldcore said in a note.

Continues: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gol...ows-2009-09-15

peaceandlove 09-29-2009 06:09 AM

Fed to Set Price of Money Today, 2:15pm ET

Posted September 23rd, 2009 by Michael Nystrom

Daily Paul

The commissars at the nation's monetary politburo, led by Chief Credit Czar Personage (CCCP) Ben "Helicopter" Bernanke, will announce the price of money today at 2:15 pm ET, and declare that the economy is sound. :lol3:

The price of money, which is set periodically by financial commissars in secret meetings such as the one being held today, determines the cost of all transactions across the nation and the world. The utmost secrecy is required at meetings in order to ensure the independence and non-politicization of the complex decision making process carried out by elite members of the cabal. Participating ring members include representatives of banks and finance companies. In order to ensure the stability and security of the global financial cartel, citizens, their representatives and members of the press are excluded from participating in, witnessing, or even hearing about proceedings.

Club insiders have recently sought to assure the public by repeatedly stressing that everything is under control, and that greater transparency poses a grave threat to this otherwise sound and robust international system of control.

SOURCE: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/108255

Read more (between the lines) at MarketWatch:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Federal Reserve officials are likely to sound more upbeat about economic conditions in their closely-watched policy statement released later Wednesday, analysts said.

Con't... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mor...fed-2009-09-23

peaceandlove 10-14-2009 05:37 PM

IN CASE YOU DIDN"T KNOW!!! A LITTLE UPDATE!!! :mfr_lol:

IT'S NOT 'LIKELY OVER' ANYMORE, IT'S 'OFFICIALLY OVER'!!! :wink2:

STOP HOARDING, START SPENDING!!! :lmao:

U.S. recession over, unemployment seen at 10 percent

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:00 pm
By Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The worst U.S. recession since the Great Depression has ended, but weak household spending as the labor market struggles to create jobs will slow the pace of the economy's recovery, according to a survey released on Monday.

The survey of 44 professional forecasters released by the National Association for Business Economics, also known as the NABE, found that 80 percent of the respondents believed the economy was growing again after four straight quarters of declines.

"The great recession is over," NABE President-Elect Lynn Reaser said.

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=8007

An added note: I guess they haven't heard about the "GREATEST" Depression according to Gerald Celente still coming...

peaceandlove 10-29-2009 03:58 PM

:mfr_lol:

Economy grows in 3Q, signals end of recession

October 29, 2009

By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer – 15 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The economy grew at a 3.5 percent pace in the third quarter, the best showing in two years, fueled by government-supported spending on cars and homes. It's the strongest signal yet that the economy has entered a new, though fragile, phase of recovery and that the worst recession since the 1930s has ended.

Going forward, many analysts expect the pace of the budding recovery to be plodding due to rising unemployment and continuing difficulties by both consumers and businesses to secure loans.

"This welcome milestone is just another step, and we still have a long road to travel until the economy is fully recovered," said Christina Romer, President Barack Obama's chief economist. "It will take sustained, robust ... growth to bring the unemployment rate down substantially. Such a decline in unemployment is, of course, what we are all working to achieve."

The much-awaited turnaround reported Thursday by the Commerce Department ended the streak of four straight quarters of contracting economic activity, the first time that's happened on records dating to 1947.

Continues: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091029/..._fi/us_economy

GDP Is..... Better Than Expected?

Thursday, October 29. 2009
Posted by Karl Denninger

Oh what a tangled web we weave....http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/nati...ewsrelease.htm (Karl's link did not work so I found this)
Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property located in the United States -- increased at an annual rate of 3.5 percent in the third quarter of 2009, (that is, from the second quarter to the third quarter), according to the "advance" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the second quarter, real GDP decreased 0.7 percent.
Looks good, right?

Hmmmm.... or is it?

Continues: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...-Expected.html

peaceandlove 11-01-2009 07:06 PM

You can BRAINWASH some of the people some of the time, but you can't BRAINWASH all the people all of the time. :naughty:
Or as my friend like's to say, it's not BRAIN WASHING...it's BRAIN DIRTYING! :mfr_lol:
Choosing to stay out of the box, the TV box that is... :shocked:

Obama says new data shows U.S. economy recovering

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:11pm EDT

By Ross Colvin

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Saturday this week's positive job and economic growth figures proved that his big spending efforts to stimulate the economy were working.

But he cautioned in his weekly radio address to Americans that "we have a long way to go before we return to prosperity" and more job losses were likely in coming days.

Democrats and Republicans agree the economy will be the top issue for the 2010 congressional elections, although the White House has disputed suggestions that they will be a judgment on Obama and his policies.

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=8427

peaceandlove 11-01-2009 07:56 PM

John Williams'
Shadow Government Statistics
Analysis Behind and Beyond Government Economic Reporting

http://i37.tinypic.com/2hqzbbk.jpg

Quote:

Have you ever wondered why the CPI, GDP and employment numbers run counter to your personal and business experiences? The problem lies in biased and often-manipulated government reporting.

We offer an exposé of the problems within the reporting system, and an assessment of underlying economic reality, through two basic services:
SOURCE and MORE: http://www.shadowstats.com/

peaceandlove 11-16-2009 12:28 AM

To The Barkers: Answer This Question

Sunday, November 15. 2009
Posted by Karl Denninger

"The recession ended in June": Dennis Kneale

"The recession was definitely over in September": Any one of a number of people.

Ok. Let's say that I accept all this at face value, even though while driving through my definitely-beach-oriented local town here this afternoon I noted even more closed-and-gone storefronts than there were a couple of weeks ago, and last night at the local open-air mall, although the evening was absolutely gorgeous, you could have fired a 155mm Howitzer down the "main drag" without killing anyone - because there was almost nobody there, and literally not one shopping bag was in evidence.

I simply have to ask the pundits and the carnival barkers, of which CNBC is the worst (but certainly not the only sinner) the following - why do we need any of these programs if in fact the economy is growing again:
Zero interest rates from The Fed. Isn't 2%, 3%, 4%, 5% more consistent with economic growth? If indeed the economy is expanding, why do we need "funny money"?

$8,000 home-buyer tax credits. And not just first-time credits either - those were recently expanded, and the NAR has said quite clearly that "but for this program housing would collapse." Is this consistent with an economic recovery?

FHA underwriting mortgages at 3.5%, their default rate is going parabolic, their reserves are down to well under half of the mandatory minimum and there is no evidence in sight that their performance metrics are improving. With the aforementioned $8,000 "credit" and the FHA's willingness to monetize it, you can once again buy a home with "zero down", just as we did in the bubble. Is this consistent with an economic - and housing market - recovery?

The dollar carry trade. It's obvious and starting in June of this year the correlation between the dollar's move and the S&P 500 became nearly 100% on an inverse basis. Consumer confidence numbers were far below expectations Friday, yet as soon as that hit the dollar, the market rose - into worsening economic data. Again, is this consistent with an economic recovery?

"Cash for clunkers" - and oh, by the way, what happened to auto sales when it ended? Is the near-vertical drop-off in GM's sales as soon as the program ended consistent with an economic recovery? Is a claimed 10m expected 2010 units consistent with economic recovery when in 2005 and 2006 the industry sold nearly 17 and 16 million vehicles, respectively?

29.9% interest rates on credit cards via "jack-up" letters and other outrageous actions. Again, is this sort of gouging consistent with economic recovery?

Declining consumer credit demand. I've published the graph before and will reproduce it below. Is this consistent with economic recovery?
Continues with charts: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...-Question.html

peaceandlove 12-02-2009 10:21 PM

Fed survey finds recovery gaining momentum :mfr_lol:

By JEANNINE AVERSA, AP Economics Writer – 38 mins ago 12/2/2009

WASHINGTON – The economic recovery gained traction in late fall as shoppers spent a bit more and factories bumped up production. That assessment Wednesday by the Federal Reserve marked its most upbeat view since the economy tumbled into recession two years ago.

The Fed's new snapshot of business barometers nationwide found that conditions have generally improved since the last report in late October.

Eight of the Fed's 12 regions surveyed reported some pickup in activity or improved conditions, the Fed said. Those regions were: Boston, New York, Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Dallas and San Francisco.

The four other regions — Philadelphia, Cleveland, Richmond and Atlanta — described conditions as little changed or mixed.

The new report adds to evidence that the economy is rebounding after the worst recession since the 1930s.

CONTINUES: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/..._fi/us_economy

I wonder if the Full Moon today is causing me laugh at almost everthing!!!

Full Moon — December 2, 2009 in Gemini: Disturbing news about transportation and education and the possibility of strikes are to be expected. Mercury, "Lord of Communication and Transportation,” will cause serious setbacks to the possibilities of traveling or communicating. Dramatic changes are ahead in the worlds of transportation, finance, traveling, and the postal industries. Sad news involving serious accidents, terrorism and devastating weather is on its way. Many people will find themselves stranded in airports. The impact of these events will bring on a form of financial death and rebirth for some large corporations who will have to merge to survive. The year will end in a destructive Supernova window and could prove to be difficult for government decisions and actions.

Lunation impact on all signs:

Aries - Difficult news from the mail and a deal or a trip gets you worried.
Taurus - Trouble with a contract or corporation, don’t sign anything now.
Gemini - Stress coming from your past, a business or emotional partner is burdensome.
Cancer - Don’t worry about your past. Stress at home is expected soon.
Leo - A friend and a new endeavor will worry you.
Virgo - A change of career or stress at home is a problem, be patient.
Libra - The mail or telephone may bring you sad news from faraway.
Scorpio - Expect a restructure of your finances and a form of death soon.
Sagittarius - Don’t take any chances with your partners or traveling.
Capricorn - Eliminate all guilt to bring about better work and health.
Aquarius - Love and children matters won't go well for a while, just be patient.
Pisces - Your home life brings stress, you may have to move soon.

From Dr. Turi's 2009 Moon Power Starguide

peaceandlove 12-07-2009 08:49 PM

Fedspeak Translation 12/7/2009

Monday, December 7. 2009
Posted by Karl Denninger

Ben Bernanke spewed forth: Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
At the Economic Club of Washington D.C., Washington D.C.
December 7, 2009
http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsev...e20091207a.htm
It is a pleasure to speak once again before the Economic Club of Washington. Having faced the most serious financial crisis and the worst recession since the Great Depression, our economy has made important progress during the past year. Although the economic stress faced by many families and businesses remains intense, with job openings scarce and credit still hard to come by, the financial system and the economy have moved back from the brink of collapse, economic growth has returned, and the signs of recovery have become more widespread.
We printed up $12 trillion in "freebie" credit, manipulated the MBS market (and in doing so have fomented and created an accounting fraud for all of those entities that hold said paper) and have purchased alleged "assets" at vastly over their actual value on purpose. This has allowed financial institutions to claim to be solvent when in fact they are bankrupt several times over.
Understandably, in a situation as complicated as this one, people have many questions about the current situation and the path forward. Accordingly, taking inspiration from the ubiquitous frequently-asked-questions lists, or FAQs, on Internet websites, in my remarks today I'd like to address four important FAQs about the economy and the Federal Reserve. They are:
1. Where is the economy headed?
2. What has the Federal Reserve been doing to support the economy and the financial system?
3. Will the Federal Reserve's actions lead to higher inflation down the road?
4. How can we avoid a similar crisis in the future?
Where Is the Economy Headed?
First, to understand where the economy might be headed, we should take a look at where it has been recently.1 A year ago, our economy--indeed, all of the world's major economies--were reeling from the effects of a devastating financial crisis.
We created this mess through malfeasance and misfeasance. In combination with other central banks around the world we pumped into the economy tremendous amounts of liquidity that should not have existed. This in turn created tremendous instability and asset bubbles throughout the economy, most particularly in housing.
Policymakers here and abroad had undertaken an extraordinary series of actions aimed at stabilizing the financial system and cushioning the economic impact of the crisis.
We cut off our Pinocchio nose. Repeatedly. The damn thing keeps wedging in the door when I try to go take a leak!
Critically, these policy interventions succeeded in averting a global financial meltdown that could have plunged the world into a second Great Depression. But although a global economic cataclysm was avoided, the crisis nevertheless had widespread and severe economic consequences, including deep recessions in most of the world's major economies. In the United States, the unemployment rate, which was as low as 4.4 percent in March 2007, currently stands at 10 percent.
We created it on purpose and through willful neglect, you ate it. Aren't we special?

Continues Extensively: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...n-1272009.html

Dec. 7, 2009, 2:26 p.m.

Gold falls for second day as Bernanke sees low inflation risks :mfr_lol:

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures fell Monday for a second session, pulling back from record highs, as comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke that inflation will remain "subdued" reduced the metal's appeal as a hedge against rising prices. :lol3:

"The Fed is committed to keeping inflation low and will be able to do so," Bernanke said to a group of economists in Washington. However, inflation "appears likely to remain subdued for some time."

Continues???: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gol...als-2009-12-07