Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anchor (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20512)

sunflower 03-02-2010 12:33 AM

Re: Anchor

Well, Anchor, as far as I can see, you project the very best that Avalon can offer. Thank you for all you have done in mod mode and happily you will continue to post here on the forum. Your comments are well worth reading and remembering.

Wormhole 03-02-2010 12:57 AM

I never had a problem with Mods posting as members. It's important that we all realize that in life as well as here, a tittle is not the measure of the man. Anchor/John has always had my respect because he is a fair and even individual. I'm glad he will still be here with us, sounds to me like he is too busy to mod. I look forward to him enjoying Avalon as just plain John. Thank you for all the hard work and the terrific job!

From the Heart,
Wormhole

hippihillbobbi 03-02-2010 01:00 AM

Anchor --

"Well, Anchor, as far as I can see, you project the very best that Avalon can offer. Thank you for all you have done in mod mode and happily you will continue to post here on the forum. Your comments are well worth reading and remembering.

I echo Sunflower's post above, and all the others who have appreciated your very OBVIOUS talents as a Mod. this may come-off sounding so wrong, but i always appreciated your posts SO much that i was sure you were a Woman! :lol3: so sorry, John, but since we're all trying to become men-women and women-men ..... maybe that's not too terrible ...... sure hope not, anyway.

looking forward to your continued presence as a wise elder brother. :wub2:

love,
hippihillbobbi

futureyes 03-02-2010 01:12 AM

and the seasons change for a reason ...

all is well ...

thank you anchor for all you have accomplished whilst wearing the mod hat ...

and thank you ... for being you ...

:wub2:

Light Beyond 03-02-2010 01:20 AM

Anchor RESPECT TO YOU XX:lightsabre:

Reunite 03-02-2010 01:35 AM

Good job mate :thumb_yello:

You made the right decision.

TRANCOSO 03-02-2010 01:42 AM

Anchor, you're a true CHIEF.
I'm looking forward to your posts, now you haven't got to concentrate on moderating anymore.
L&R
:thumb_yello:

ellie 03-02-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reunite (Post 246507)
Good job mate :thumb_yello:

You made the right decision.

I second that. With all the time and effort and energy you have put in over the years..................well, mmmmh! Need I say more.

sunny D 03-02-2010 01:54 AM

Always Anchor.....!

to be, or not to be

looking forward to your posts

take care....
<3

Carol 03-02-2010 02:36 AM

Anchor John you've always done a great job as both mod and administrator. I liked you in red. However, purple is nice too. At least you are still with us but I have to admit I always enjoyed your steady hand at the helm. Much love and appreciation to you. With aloha, Carol

FIIISH 03-02-2010 05:46 AM

Anchor,

Thank you for being a very strong anchor for Project Avalon.

Sincerely...

FIIISH

eleni 03-02-2010 05:56 AM

Anchor,
This is a real tragedy IMO- you were a valued moderator of this community.
I hope perhaps you might reconsider your resignation:original:

Luminari 03-02-2010 05:57 AM

Anchor- you were an absolute inspiration to work with as a mod and as a fellow member. Please don't hesitate to reconsider when things have settled down. We both know something new is on the horizon.

Kindest regards and respect.

Your friend,

Lumi

rhythm 03-02-2010 09:17 AM

Hi Anchor

take ing a break

and changing hats

its a good move ...

thanks to you and all the other mods

not a task i would choose ... so dont ever ask me:naughty:

... namaste rhythmmm :wub2:....

viking 03-02-2010 09:31 AM

Funny couple of days!!!

Anchor many thanks for all your advice as a moderator...

Hey Anchor, Purple is more fun than Red!!! :naughty:

Enjoy here as a member!! Dance...

viking

Oliver 03-02-2010 09:37 AM

Hello John, nice to meet you!
It was a pleasure to know Anchor as well.
:original:

Spregovori 03-02-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anchor (Post 246274)
I am Anchor,

I have decided (completely free from encouragement and duress) that I can no longer effectively contribute directly to the moderation of this forum under the name Anchor and have resigned from that duty.

It has yet to be decided, but I currently retain access via a separate account in sufficient measure to deal with day to day forum administration emergencies.

You will enjoy it...coming online...and there it is a "smart-ass" telling you his way is the only way....and you wont have to deal with it...it will make you smile and fell wonderful inside....remembering.....the once heavy burden of forum police. No job anymore...just the benefits....a payed vacation.

or not?

separate account....a bottle of vine for the cured one....a temptation in reach of your hand...all you have to do is grab it... do you dare? :)

old memories

Malletzky 03-02-2010 09:45 AM

Anchor/John...you know my appretiation for what you have done/will do...:thumb_yello:

Thank you mate!

malletzky

truthseeker 03-02-2010 10:41 AM

Hi Anchor/John,

You have done a great job here at Avalon as moderator and I am sorry to see you leave that post. I certainly do not feel that you failed in that role on the Thuban thread, as was implied by some posters there. If you yourself think you failed, then I would say that you are being too hard on yourself. However, whatever your reasons, I respect your decision and its good to see that you plan to remain as a regular poster here at Avalon.

Best Wishes

Andrew (Truthseeker)

Anchor 03-02-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthseeker (Post 246744)
Hi Anchor/John,

You have done a great job here at Avalon as moderator and I am sorry to see you leave that post. I certainly do not feel that you failed in that role on the Thuban thread, as was implied by some posters there. If you yourself think you failed, then I would say that you are being too hard on yourself. However, whatever your reasons, I respect your decision and its good to see that you plan to remain as a regular poster here at Avalon.

Best Wishes

Andrew (Truthseeker)

OMG, no I certainly do not think/feel like I failed! Not a bit. Everything has its purpose. I know what I did and why and I have no regret. - recently it was a smooth flow in a chaotic situation. My real life has placed demands on me, the way this forum is going, were all contributing factors. Pinning this on the Thuban thread situation alone would be completely wrong.

Thanks for your support and kind words

A..

Swanny 03-02-2010 11:14 AM

I don't blame you for packing in the moderating. I wouldn't want to do it

Now you can sit back put your feet up and enjoy the ride where ever it make take you :original:

pedro m.b. 03-02-2010 11:19 AM

welcome back John. :original:

pedro

burgundia 03-02-2010 01:07 PM

..and i am sure you will feel at ease now...:winksmiley02:

axman 03-02-2010 02:03 PM

Thanks Job done very well
and we are all one.

love

DoctorWho 03-02-2010 05:54 PM

Gone for two days and Bill & Kerry split (which was seen to happen months ago, so no surprise), Anchor is no longer THE Anchor, and this mysterous Thurban thread is removed, which I don't think I ever read. Well, onto Phase 3.
Bill "the Doctor"