Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   How To Get Hold Of Stuff (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Looking for E-books for Researchers (Not Free) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15088)

Seashore 07-04-2009 11:10 AM

Looking for E-books for Researchers (Not Free)

I'm looking for a website that offers an extensive library of e-books for researchers. For example, today I'm looking for a complete e-book for The First Global Revolution: A Report by the Council of the Club of Rome by Alexander King & Bertrand Schneider.

I checked the Library of Congress website and didn't see anything about e-books...

What I'm looking for would have to be a site that charges for the service. I'm not expecting to find this for free...

Does anyone know of such a website?

DAYDREAMER 07-04-2009 11:43 AM

Re: Looking for E-books for Researchers (Not Free)

Try bookfinder.com, it is the best search engine for books. Looks like that book is quite expensive. Scribd.com has it in ebook format for free if you want.

Seashore 07-04-2009 12:05 PM

Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAYDREAMER (Post 149400)
Try bookfinder.com, it is the best search engine for books.

I see this is for buying the hard copy of books...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAYDREAMER (Post 149400)
...Scribd.com has it in ebook format for free if you want.

I see it's not the first edition of the book. I understand changes have been made since the book came out in the 70's. I need the original...

Anyone know of a website for paid access to an e-book library?

Fredkc 10-11-2009 02:23 PM

Never underestimate Project Gutenberg.

Yes, it is mostly classical literature, but they have branched out immensely and.. always Free!

Yes, Scribd is a fantastic source for more modern works, and with a simple login, you can download most of what you read in PDF form.

I first found P.G. in about 1990. To date I have some 1,800 books from there, most of which I have converted to HTML myself (a little "pay it forward" present for my grand kids ;)). I keep about 320 of them online here.

Seashore 10-11-2009 02:59 PM

Thanks Fredkc!

Thunderbird 10-11-2009 04:39 PM

what changes have been made and why? and what's in the first edition that's so important? I'm curious cause I was about to downloadthe scribd version.

is it worth the read?

Firstlook 12-09-2009 10:51 PM

Theres a sight called The Burgomeister's Books. Lots of Non fiction research boooks to look through. Free. Or you can DOnate.

If the book isnt their, you can request it.

peace

Marian-Librarian 12-09-2009 10:56 PM

Hello all,

The Avalon library holds many interesting books...currently, it has been down because of server migration issues....

But is currently being worked on again to be alive and vibrant...

If you wish to suggest things to include in the library, please do not hestitate to PM with with links or suggestions.

love and light,
Marian-Librarian

(ps, yes...I really am....)

Seashore 12-09-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbird (Post 176745)
what changes have been made and why? and what's in the first edition that's so important?

Alan Watt talks about this book a lot. I think it's correct to say that the global warming scam had its beginnings in the book. I believe there are allegations that passages in the book were removed from later editions because of criticism that ensued after the book became well-known.

Seashore 12-09-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firstlook (Post 196186)
Theres a sight called The Burgomeister's Books. Lots of Non fiction research boooks to look through. Free. Or you can DOnate.

If the book isnt their, you can request it.

peace

Thanks. I've bookmarked it:

http://www.truly-free.org/