Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Spirituality (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Why making God unfashionable never works.. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20133)

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 12:26 PM

Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
http://deshika.wordpress.com/2010/02...e-never-works/


Seems like its fashionable, hip, im bigger than that philosophy to deny the existence of a supreme creator, to have an auto cue after religious statements to say 'but im not into 'organised' religion'. Do they think religion, spirituality should be dis-organised? Seems like a lot of talk gripes about being unified and stop the in fighting etc etc, yet they expect the faith of millions around the world, that has stood the test of time for 1000's of years, to just roll over for the latest fad movement. OK be disorganised, pay 9000 dollars to die in a sweat hut, or pay someone to be your spiritual guide. Please beware of charlatons.

Objections expected and accepted.

greybeard 02-16-2010 01:12 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Well I for one agree with you.
In God we Trust. On The Dollar note, isent it?
Some say it should be removed.
Chris

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 04:28 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Hey Greybeard, pleased to meet you :thumb_yello:

CÚline 02-16-2010 04:30 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Religion is about Man

Spirituality is about God

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 04:40 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CÚline (Post 239417)
Religion is about Man

Spirituality is about God

Where did you pick up this pearl of wisdom? Sounds like a bumper sticker. Please qoute your source. Im guessing it wasnt Mother Theresa.

CÚline 02-16-2010 04:41 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
That one is mine *smiles*

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CÚline (Post 239423)
That one is mine *smiles*

Hold the front page!! :winksmiley02:

lisa 02-16-2010 09:04 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Men made Gods in their own image.

orthodoxymoron 02-16-2010 09:29 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Here are some links to threads which help to reveal my current point of view regarding God and Religion. I'm both supportive and hostile. In the past...I have been 'overchurched'...and presently I'm probably 'underchurched'. I'm sort of the best friend and the worst enemy of Christianity. Actually...I'm thinking about going back to church. I'm still looking for detailed critiques of the following threads. My mind is not made up...so please confuse me with the facts. I'm easily confused!

1. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...orthodoxymoron

2. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...orthodoxymoron

3. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...orthodoxymoron

4. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...orthodoxymoron

5. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15878

6. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...rldwide+church

7. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...179#post163179

8. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...729#post165729

9. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...745#post167745

10. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...lucifer+effect

11. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18223

12. http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...%2C+lucifer%3F

:original:Namaste:original:

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 09:39 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoxymoron (Post 239588)
Here are some links to threads which help to reveal my current point of view regarding God and Religion. I'm both supportive and hostile. In the past...I have been 'overchurched'...and presently I'm probably 'underchurched'. I'm sort of the best friend and the worst enemy of Christianity. Actually...I'm thinking about going back to church. I'm still looking for detailed critiques of the following threads. My mind is not made up...so please confuse me with the facts. I'm easily confused!



:original:Namaste:original:

Hi Oxy, i wish you well. I am not a Christian but i do love and respect Jesus and the teachings of the bible. Its all very simple ( and yes difficult too!). Thou shalt not kill, steal, covet etc...Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..(forgiveness). If you do go back to the church, try and find a teacher that practices what they preach, this is most important. Free yourself from anger. Study your scripture, its all their, its your automatic charlaton detector. Im excited for you :original:

beren 02-16-2010 09:53 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Ortho, for a start, go read Bible again but now with different attitude. With open mind and heart. Words like "religion, church,pastor,..." or many other things are products of Churchianity throughout time.

This is a verse from John 4:23,24

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."


See the message? Crystal clear, no building needed or rituals or services or whatever man invented under term "religion".
Really if people can only stop for a moment and really think about Christ`s message and words ,their world would turn upside down.
The thing is that Christ was not talking about religion or whatever they labeled him.
He was talking that we should as humanity awake and take our place in universe at Creator`s side and fulfill our destiny as children of Creator.

But they killed him because he was sparking inner changes in people, and when they are free ,leeches can`t abuse them anymore because they would rather die that be slaves again, slaves to habits,people,institutions,books,rituals,dogmas... DARKNESS... We are made in the image of God and we will take our righteous place soon, as the children of the light.

It is that simple ,the message of Christ.

aroundthetable 02-16-2010 10:01 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Yes Beren, simple living, high thinking, thats the key.

It is also important to get the support and encouragement of like minded people and for Christians the church is a place to gather in this way, just like this site is a gathering place where people seek like minded people for support and encouragement, it is no different than a church in that respect. People with similar attitudes will always seek each other out, that is natural.

beren 02-16-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundthetable (Post 239616)
Yes Beren, simple living, high thinking, thats the key.

It is also important to get the support and encouragement of like minded people and for Christians the church is a place to gather in this way, just like this site is a gathering place where people seek like minded people for support and encouragement, it is no different than a church in that respect. People with similar attitudes will always seek each other out, that is natural.


I agree. But even word "church" was twisted from original meaning. In the beginning Christians didn`t had buildings or special places because that was not the point. Later on when "wolves" took over as Paul was and others were signing the alarm over it ,slowly they started to import back postulates from Judaism ,which on the other hand took postulates from Babylonian system and... you got a mess ...

Christ said where are two or three people in his name ,there he is with them in spirit.
That essentially means that even two of us talking now about truth and love and Christ are forming one congregation ,one church.

Because if you are inspired by holy spirit you are always with God and Christ, you don`t need building or anything other man made on this earth. You are then 24/7 connected with Creator. Also when you are able to speak about truth freely with people willing to do that, then you got a feeling of belonging and friendship with people alike.

It was always high above man made assumptions about God and what does he requires from you. It was always through spirit ,never other way round.

No matter what people imagine or are persuaded , never they can understand Creator or be close to him if they don`t shed and cast down old patterns of thinking and behaving.

greybeard 02-16-2010 11:48 PM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
your are right Bern.

Also think Jesus said. "Even the wisest of my disciples will enter heaven by faith alone"
The Truth has been handed down since time began through the Vedas Upanisheds Krishna The Buddha Christ. Truth is eternal unchanging. One God.
That which is formless is the Provence of non duality. The Mystic live it.
It can be pointed to alluded to but is That which can not be spoken of.
It cant be measured it is beyond all human description.
Thats is why faith alone is required.
Thats simple but hard until something in your life brings this about.
Hitting rock bottom in whatever form that takes opens the heart to God who is always available.
Chris

Rareheart 02-17-2010 12:11 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Too few venture the hard path.

Why?

:original:

aroundthetable 02-17-2010 12:14 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rareheart (Post 239677)
Too few venture the hard path.

Why?

:original:

There are many distractions :original:

Rareheart 02-17-2010 12:17 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Very Nice Celine,
Quote:

Religion is about Man

Spirituality is about God
:original:

Rareheart 02-17-2010 12:19 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

There are many distractions
:mfr_lol:

...and what wonderful fun to be had.

:original:

greybeard 02-17-2010 12:19 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rareheart (Post 239677)
Too few venture the hard path.

Why?

:original:

The power of Maya the illusion created by ego is very seductive Rareheart.
It throws you little crumbs of comfort from time to time, promises a better future, takes you out of the eternal Now, the only moment that ever exists.
Many are called few chose.
People do not react to gentle reminders of the power of God sometimes the going has to get tough before the tough become receptive.
It takes humility to ask God for help.
The ego has no humility.

Anyway thats my understanding of it.
Chris

Rareheart 02-17-2010 12:24 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Yes Greybeard...the ego strives to understand Love.
Yet, is composed of it.
:original:

To me...God and Love are interchangeable.

aroundthetable 02-17-2010 12:27 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
We are by nature pleasure seekers, but we are looking in the wrong place and accept fleeting and temporary material pleasures instead, this path always ends in frustration and anxiety.

truthseekerdan 02-17-2010 12:51 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beren (Post 239604)
Ortho, for a start, go read Bible again but now with different attitude. With open mind and heart. Words like "religion, church,pastor,..." or many other things are products of Churchianity throughout time.

This is a verse from John 4:23,24

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."


See the message? Crystal clear, no building needed or rituals or services or whatever man invented under term "religion".
Really if people can only stop for a moment and really think about Christ`s message and words ,their world would turn upside down.
The thing is that Christ was not talking about religion or whatever they labeled him.
He was talking that we should as humanity awake and take our place in universe at Creator`s side and fulfill our destiny as children of Creator.

But they killed him because he was sparking inner changes in people, and when they are free ,leeches can`t abuse them anymore because they would rather die that be slaves again, slaves to habits,people,institutions,books,rituals,dogmas... DARKNESS... We are made in the image of God and we will take our righteous place soon, as the children of the light.

It is that simple ,the message of Christ.

Beren,

You nailed it. :thumb_yello:

Some parts of the today's Bible are deliberately manipulated (changed), and some also poorly translated. However, some parts fortunately still unchanged.

That's why when reading the Bible, in order to understand it properly one has to be a bit more spiritually grown up.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/...ttulojesus.jpg

Dog 02-17-2010 01:16 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
If you go back to church...it is very important to go to the proper one. 99% of the churches are teaching the wrong stuff. Why ? Because the Gov't tells them what to teach and what not. Why ? so they can maintain their tax exempt status. The government CONTROLS the church. Find the church that is not tax exempt ...that is the one you want. It won't be a great big church with all the fancy decor. There is no separation of church and state as you might think.
~ Dog

Tango 02-17-2010 01:56 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Hey, Dog... Good, to See you posting... I agree on the way to pick a chruch...

Do we, Need a Chruch, to use our Consiousness...? Can we Help other's without
a chruch...? Can we Pay it Forward... Well, that's only three other's to help...
Help some Heal... Feed some... Don't, give a loan... Just help those, who will
help themselves...

WE. WERE GIVEN THE ABILITY TO CREATE... Look what you've done with it...
You've let yourselve's be controlled by a 501 (c) (3)... Non profit... certified...
by the collector's for the FR... IMF... THINK about this... Change IT...

When, All we have to do IS Create a Better Tomorrow... THINK ABOUT ending
the LIES... Just THINK about IT... You know someday, You will have to Judge
your Action's...

Trooly,


Tango

lisa 02-17-2010 02:18 AM

Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beren (Post 239604)
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

See the message? Crystal clear...

I have a dumb question...
Who is this "Father" and why is he seeking worshipers?
My dad, for one, is not looking for worshipers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beren (Post 239604)
But they killed him because he was sparking inner changes in people...

Or maybe they tried to kill him because he is speaking against their religious beliefs.

Whether there is a "God" or not, people naturally want someone they can count on to lead us, to help us, to save us, etc.
God gives us a peace of mind.
And we like to speak with "God" hanging on the corner of our mouths because it makes us feel like this "God" is very close to us.
And sadly, some people think that they are better than others because of their religious beliefs.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon