Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   United States (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   North Carolina (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3140)

bodzoyfa 09-07-2008 05:19 AM

North Carolina

I would like to get in touch with anyone in the Triad of North Carolina who would like to discuss some safe havens around where we live and exchange thoughts, ideas, methods, etc concerning the impending events to come. Truly the way to survive in the times ahead will be in small positive communities. I would love to talk to you so get in touch!

"The love you withhold is the pain you carry."

geomancydance 09-07-2008 08:09 PM

Re: Piedmont North Carolina

Lets connect then. We are likely relocating to near Asheville; 2 children are on the horizon; they've contacted us... wow!! but looking to create LIGHT community, in all senses of word... im a bit repelled by more traditional community models, but it is a new era. and we need to collaborate.
shantih...

Occum's Butter Knife 09-08-2008 06:33 PM

There is another reader of Project Camelot in Piedmont North Carolina Here.

It's very encouraging to see all these people all over the world looking toward the positive.

OBK

Adarajones 09-08-2008 06:42 PM

Hello from the Charlotte area, NC!

Lets get together to discuss as well as make preparations plans SOON!. Time is not on our side.

Blessings to you ALL:lightsabre:

Trishsgate 09-08-2008 11:05 PM

I am also in the Piedmont Area.

Souther 09-09-2008 01:26 AM

North Carolina, US

Hello to everyone everywhere!

Hoping to contact new ground crew friends in my area, but it doesn't really matter where you are from. I would love to hear from you!

New to the forum. Just joined today! So I will be looking for you. I have been looking for you ALL for a long long time.

THANK YOU, BILL AND KERRY!!!!!

Love binds us.

~S~

bodzoyfa 09-09-2008 02:01 AM

All you north carolinians come chat with me on YIM if you have it. Its haleiwakid14...I would love to connect with all of you.

Souther 09-09-2008 02:02 AM

Hello everyone!

"Souther" here.

A special "thank you" to Bodzoyfa (I hope I spelled that right) for starting this thread.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I have felt pretty much alone since I read the books. Were it not for George, Kerry, and Bill, I might still feel that way.

Looking for other ground crew members to share thoughts, ideas, and possible solutions with.

I live near Greensboro, and work in Charlotte.

If any of you would like to meet and discuss, please contact me? I have been looking for you for a long time!

My warmest regards to you all.

Souther

Love binds us.

lovnstars86 09-09-2008 02:40 AM

Re: North Carolina, US

Hi,
Im in South Carolina.
your probably the closest one to me :original:
but hopefully more people in your area and mine will be on here too!

Occum's Butter Knife 09-09-2008 03:34 AM

This is very cool to discover all these people in the area.
I know of a few people that also read this site.
I will be spreading the word on Project Avalon.

I am in the general area of Winston-Salem.

"First Week of October Thoughts"

I have decided to move almost totaly into Money Markets (cash) and look forward to a peaceful Thanksgiving.

machobird 09-11-2008 09:59 PM

Souther,

A larger forum has already been established for the Carolinas. In fact, action is already happening with an informal meeting this evening in Charlotte. Please combine these threads. Go to North America and then North and South Carolina to find this larger thread.

I wonder how many watchers/members are from your area, High Point. I bet if you started a thread for your specific area, you may be surprised how many like-minded people you may find right in your backyard. The tricities has a lot of people who watch these forums. This movement is huge, and this forum is just what is needed to bring us together,

cheers,

machobird

Suriel 09-12-2008 12:42 AM

I live in North Carolina as well. I have a plan to move back to the mountains in Brevard in a couple of years. I have to wait until my wife finishes her nursing degree. I believe there are many communities in that area. We will be safer with the Native Americans.

If I don't move. We will have to stay in the area and hope for the best.

Peace.

Souther 09-12-2008 01:11 PM

Many thanks, machobird!
Will certainly follow your advice.
Will be in touch again as time allows.
Hope things are going well for you.

Take care, my brother!
Souther

Suriel 09-18-2008 03:22 AM

Me and my family are moving to Brevard in two years, which is a very small town near Asheville. I also have family in that area. I know that there are already communities in that area. Does anyone know who they are and if they have websites?

The mountains are great and beautiful. You want to stay away from heavy populated areas. Asheville is a low population city and good area to move to.

I did a population search and found that Charlotte is our biggest city with well over 600,000 people. Then there is Raleigh and Fayetteville ( which is where I live near now). These three major areas could be dangerous to live around in the future if stuff goes down.

So, it will take some effort to plan the move but the main reason we are moving is because Brevard is my wife's Hometown. And I miss the snow. I would like to see another white christmas. My kids also need a nicer environment.

Feel free to add me as your friend to get connected. Peace.

Souther 09-22-2008 03:58 AM

Reading lots of threads here on the forum. Sadly, finding many that are focusing on the negative aspects of the changes that are surrounding us.

Please remember: these darker days are the harbinger of the awakening of ourselves. These dark and ugly restraints that have held us so tightly are rusting and beginning to fall away. Piece by piece. Day by day. The power that we have held quietly for so long grows stronger with each passing minute.

Our awakening CANNOT be stopped! What can stop the will of the power that created us in the first place? The simple answer is: "nothing".

The destructive plan that has been laid for us does NOT have to come to be. It has been stopped dead in its' tracks so many times recently. The greater majority of which is a credit to the power of thought thinking. YOU have created the power to stop them. YOU can continue to do so!

Remember to envision the experience you want for yourself (and for us all) and focus less on what TPTB want for us.

It is OUR will that will win! We have the numbers now.

Stay strong and focus. REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!!

Souther

Argante 09-23-2008 02:36 PM

North Carolina

Please list all North Carolina locations here.

MrMMC 09-24-2008 11:25 PM

Re: North Carolina

Greetings - there seems to be a small bunch so far in the Charlotte - Raleigh Greensboro area.

I'm located in Richmond County not far from SC boarder.

I'm deeply involved with preps and related topics.

As someone said earlier, time is not on our side.

Let's start making something happen - e.g., at least a face-to-face somewhere in PRIVATE, where we can talk openly while getting to know our local like-minded.

http://mankindsmanycrossroads.com

DapperDaze 09-25-2008 12:13 AM

Is this where North Carolina meets? Or are we preferring "North and South Carolina"? There is the one lone S.C. girl, I don't have the heart to tell everyone to leave her. Then we have Machobird pressure to go there. So I'm somewhat torn. If we consolidate, I'm leaning towards N & S Carolina. If we do NC regions it may be easier to meet up, but you miss out on advice from other regions near by. Your thoughts? I say consolidate, we can all handle a little bit more reading. Plus if you do some NC traveling you can stop by and say hello to your new friends from the other regions. So now it is Machobird and DapperDaze pressure.

bodzoyfa, concerning your safe haven, I'm in Raleigh and am counting the days until I'm out of here. I don't feel safe in any city with a beltline, much less two. If it ever goes to full martial law you are stuck, and personally I miss the mountains too much to be stuck anywhere else.

Catt 09-25-2008 01:08 AM

Wilmington area here.

tonyotag 09-25-2008 02:59 PM

Just posted a collage thread in the 'Global Ground Crew Networking » United States' if anyone is in collage. I have been thinking around that there has not been many academics that are either comming forward or have been in the dark for too long...

That said, are there any collage students there? NCSU, UNC, DUKE? Anyone?

tonyotag

WiNaDeYo 09-25-2008 07:20 PM

I am originally from the Triad area and went to college in the Asheville area, but I have been living in Northern Italy for the past 22 years. Too many people sleeping here and it's hard to get anyone even to listen to what I have to say. And I'm not too sure how safe it will be anyway, even though I am way up in the Alps on the Swiss border.
As soon as I can, hopefully very soon, I will be getting back. I would love to be able to keep in touch with you guys for whenever I get a chance to get back even if for a temporary visit (my mom is in W-S). I've been talking to her about moving up into the Old Fort- Swannanoa area. I am one 16th Cherokee and I miss my Blue Ridge Mountains so! Everytime I come back to NC, I always have to get up to the mountains, where I feel that I've really come home.

I hope to hear from any of you!

---I am of the Great Spirit---Wi na de yo !

Boogra 09-25-2008 07:27 PM

I live in Greensboro and am new to these forums (this is my first post). I'm moving to Mississippi in a couple of months, but would be interested in talking to you guys about what you think is going to happen and how to be safer in it. The job I'm moving into is working with local and county governments from the private sector, and so its extremely inflation and recession/depression proof. However, I do think that very bad things are ahead on the horizon.

No nation that allows corporations to lobby its government can long stand anyway. Lobbying was was meant as a redress of grievances for the people - not as a means to buy influence from the Dodds and Gramms of Congress. What we're seeing here in this (these) bailout(s) is the result of that influence purchasing.

Omniscience 09-25-2008 07:43 PM

Hello, I have already posted an introduction in 'North And South Carolina', if anyone wishes to see the rest.

I know 14 programming languages, some circuitry, many survival techniques and basic survival knowledge, have attended environmental classes, and was at one point a certified junior master farmer through the school system to which I attended (OCLC).

I am glad many people are interested in creating a ground crew that is to be safe through whatever hell may rise in the years to come. I should be in Massechusets by the time 2012 comes around, but I live in Onslow County, NC. I am to attend M.I.T. for a 4 year degree doing programming. The US Airforce should be paying me through this, but by 2012, I'll be 2 years into college at MIT, so I may not be around NC, but disregarding 2012, I would normally have to go into the airforce for 4 years after college. I may try to travel back to the mountains of NC before 2012 to meet up with this ground crew.

I am currently 16, but that is quite irrelivant. Please do not underestimate me because of my age.

I'm trying to think ahead here...Would my enrollment into the Airforce ROTC scholarship bind me to the airforce before college was over? Would the airforce need me in any way during whatever lies ahead? Would that stop me from travelling back here?

bodzoyfa 09-25-2008 11:38 PM

So great so see you all in here! I definitely feel that the safest places to be is in the western part of the state for sure.

Lets try to figure out some basics here so that if the grid goes down, we can still have a plan.

Amateur radio anyone?

tpmputterman 09-25-2008 11:46 PM

Winston-Salem area