Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   News And Updates (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Volcanic explosions expected... (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20533)

burgundia 03-02-2010 01:38 PM

Volcanic explosions expected...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...akes-wake.html

Besides aftershocks, Chile's magnitude 8.8 earthquake on 27 February may also leave a legacy of volcanic explosions. "We expect to see an upsurge in volcanic activity over the next 12 months," says David Pyle, a volcanologist at the University of Oxford.

Charles Darwin was among the first people to suggest a link between large earthquakes and increased volcanic activity. In his records, he notes that a large earthquake off Chile's coastline in February 1835 appeared to resurrect previously inactive volcanoes, and cause active ones to increase their eruption rates.

777 The Great Work 03-02-2010 01:40 PM

Re: Volcanic explosions expected...

:thumb_yello:

Fredkc 03-02-2010 02:15 PM

Dad takes his son fishing. Except Dad is doing a 4-year project down in Chile.

Where to go... where to go...
Already went fishing off the beach a few times. Already went out with some
local fishermen, too. Gotta take the kid someplace new... Let me see....

Got it!

How about a lake, sitting in the crater of an extinct volcano up in the Andes?

http://fredsitelive.com/personal/mepics/lajalake.jpg

It was called the Laja lake, and it was above tree line.
And...
Yes, I was a little cutie, wasn't I?

Fred

gita 03-02-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredkc (Post 246850)

Dad takes his son fishing. Except Dad is doing a 4-year project down in Chile.

Where to go... where to go...
Already went fishing off the beach a few times. Already went out with some
local fishermen, too. Gotta take the kid someplace new... Let me see....

Got it!

How about a lake, sitting in the crater of an extinct volcano up in the Andes?

http://fredsitelive.com/personal/mepics/lajalake.jpg

It was called the Laja lake, and it was above tree line.
And...
Yes, I was a little cutie, wasnit I?

Fred

Fred, you were such a cutie - but I thought you were born a penguin! :lmfao::mfr_lol:

Fredkc 03-02-2010 02:33 PM

Only from the waist down, Gita. ;)

From the waist up, I appear quite normal. :D

gita 03-02-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredkc (Post 246858)
Only from the waist down, Gita. ;)

From the waist up, I appear quite normal. :D

Maybe it would have been more beneficial if it was the other way round! xx:naughty:

burgundia 03-02-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gita (Post 246860)
Maybe it would have been more beneficial if it was the other way round! xx:naughty:

beneficial for who gita?:lol3:

I bet he only walks like a penguin...:lmfao:

Fredkc 03-02-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgundia (Post 246862)
I bet he only walks like a penguin...:lmfao:

Maybe so, but after some coffee, and a couple tequilas I dance :D

Stardustaquarion 03-02-2010 03:38 PM

I am particularly concerned about the Chaitén's caldera let us hope that it does not blow off with all these rocking

In his blog today, George Ure mentioned that they are still expecting 4 major earthquakes, I think his is on the money

Love

burgundia 03-02-2010 03:43 PM

i do not remember who said it but he said that there will be more earthquake and volcanic eruptions in 2010...(was it Cliff High??)

Stardustaquarion 03-02-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgundia (Post 246898)
i do not remember who said it but he said that there will be more earthquake and volcanic eruptions in 2010...(was it Cliff High??)

Hi Burgundia, yes Cliff said that

Love:wub2:

gita 03-02-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quite a lot of different sources have mentioned this and there seems to be much concern over Yellowstone and the underground volcanoes near Hawaii.:mfr_omg:

viking 03-02-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Also the Zetas!!

Amongst other stuff as well!!!!!

viking

iainl140285 03-02-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burgundia (Post 246820)
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...akes-wake.html

Besides aftershocks, Chile's magnitude 8.8 earthquake on 27 February may also leave a legacy of volcanic explosions. "We expect to see an upsurge in volcanic activity over the next 12 months," says David Pyle, a volcanologist at the University of Oxford.

Charles Darwin was among the first people to suggest a link between large earthquakes and increased volcanic activity. In his records, he notes that a large earthquake off Chile's coastline in February 1835 appeared to resurrect previously inactive volcanoes, and cause active ones to increase their eruption rates.

The fires will surge through us all, and then :blowup::blowup::blowup::naughty::thumb_yello:

Harper 03-02-2010 04:41 PM

Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?

And its a palindrome.

Not to wring it to death but..
Nobody's getting out alive, no bodies ....c?

Kulapops 03-02-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper (Post 246946)
Are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to new era?

And its a palindrome.

Not to wring it to death but..
Nobody's getting out alive, no bodies ....c?

Cool.. that's two things I've learned from you Harper... the word 'fora' plural of forum.. and drawn onward is a palindrome...

Thanks...

Meanwhile... it's not out of the realms of possibility that as we move towards an alignment with the galactic centre in 2012 that there just be just a little bit more gravitational squeeze on the Earth than normal.

Not to mention our grapefruit heads.

But like you say... and I agree - no one gets out of this experience (life) alive. So no point worrying unduly about anything. You either believe in immortality or you don't. Either way, it doesn't matter what you believe (like that's going to affect your reality? :wink2:) life will either evolve exactly according to your belief or it will ignore you completely according to your belief ?! :mfr_lol:

K

Harper 03-02-2010 04:56 PM

fabulous Kulapops, another that has been noticed by someone else is

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, figure being from the UK you might know it. I guess the programme has been running since the sixties !! Little feckers think they pulled one over us. But no, I will valiantly swing my wordy sword at them hehehehe

Who was it again that said watch torchwood :wink2:

Sorry Burgundia, totally off the point.

Kulapops 03-02-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper (Post 246956)
fabulous Kulapops, another that has been noticed by someone else is

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, figure being from the UK you might know it.

Yes.. I had got that one ! I think it was already a part of Doctor Who before it got its own series. A lot of people were wondering what Torchwood was, they kept finding clues to it everywhere.. so of course it wasn't too long before someone pointed out it was an anagram.

You certainly write as if you are English, or spent time in the Uk. I lived in Paris... and you don't write like any Parisian I know...

Best wishes, and keep up the English standards :original:

Yep.. sorry Burgundia... hope I haven't affected the volcano :original:

It's getting like the old days when people had to worry about the 'Gods' getting angry and showing their displeasure !

I also read that George Ure had said six major quakes for 2010.. but so much of that stuff was so depressing.. and Cliff was building his 'unsinkable boat' that I've not gone back to urbansurvival much since. good.. leaves more time for Avalon ! (when it's working :wink2: )

Love yas...

K

DoctorWho 03-02-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulapops (Post 246979)
Yes.. I had got that one ! I think it was already a part of Doctor Who before it got its own series. A lot of people were wondering what Torchwood was, they kept finding clues to it everywhere.. so of course it wasn't too long before someone pointed out it was an anagram.

You certainly write as if you are English, or spent time in the Uk. I lived in Paris... and you don't write like any Parisian I know...

Best wishes, and keep up the English standards :original:

::: puts on fanboy hat ::: Torchwood was the codename for Doctor Who when Series 1 was being filmed. Russell T. Davies decided that it sounded too good not to use it, so it got a mention in the Series 1 episode The Long Game. As Series 2 was being developed, the Doctor Who production team and the BBC decided to develop a spin off of Doctor Who using the Torchwood name. So during series 2 starting with Tooth and Claw, Torchwood came into prominence and became full fledged at the end of Series 2. After which the Torchwood series took off after the events of the last two Doctor Who stories of Series 2 with Captain Jack Harkness leading the Cardiff, Wales Torchwood facility.
::: fanboy hat stays on :::
Bill "the Doctor"

waitinginthewings 03-02-2010 06:22 PM

Sure sounds like we are going to be sitting on the edge of our seats this year. Chile is still getting "aftershocks".