Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What would you be doing right now if not on the internet? (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6880)

seekur3 11-06-2008 03:44 PM

What would you be doing right now if not on the internet?

I'm just curious, fellow avaloners, if the internet was not available to you at the current moment, what would you be doing?
As a subquestion, would it be something filling in the time until the net came back, or a new 'in the moment' activity for you?

my apologies if this subject has been covered already. please link, if so.

ghglenn 11-06-2008 04:07 PM

Re: What would you be doing right now if not on the internet?

Cleaning the house. :wall:

WineHippie 11-06-2008 04:13 PM

Orion Morris 11-06-2008 04:14 PM

That is a good question for everybody... I wonder the same thing... Their are alot of people on here who are here all day... I for one am on here the entire time that I am at work hahaha... I also feel like it is wierd for a bunch of people who claim to be spiritually advanced and ahead of the spiritual curve we spend alot of time on the computer... I think that their are alot of computer geeks in here who imo cant be much more spiritually advanced that the rest of humanity... maybe even less...

As for me... I come on here because I find alot of great information here on Avalon... Their are some very smart people who post here and it is a great resource...
However, I am usually here only during the work hours... As soon as that bell rings I am out...
This very moment what would I be doing...
Well hopefully fishing in the mountians...
or making love...
maybe having a drink...
or burnin one down and enjoying these last few moments or physical comfort before a collapse or some kind of great change happens...
I love being with my friends...

symbolon 11-06-2008 04:15 PM

It is simple. We are where we should be, doing what we
should be doing. Otherwise we would be somewhere else,
doing something else.
:original:

seekur3 11-06-2008 04:23 PM

hello, symbolon, thanks for the interesting thought.but does that mean we have no free will, choice & if we do, is every choice the correct one?

symbolon 11-06-2008 06:24 PM

Yes, we all have Free Will. However, what you choose to create is entirely up to you. Choosing to create not within the parameters of 'Love and Light'...choosing one's 'Self Will' in this manner will result in disharmony.

Naturally the result of creating wrongly, exercising one's free will inevitably incur a penalty. and thus you start to learn to be careful with your thoughts and creations thereof. It is important to remember that your life is a succession of choices that you yourself brought into being, and you have to live with the consequences .

Orion Morris 11-06-2008 06:38 PM

Lets get back to the topic... I want to hear what all these geeks do with their spare time!!

My money is on... World of Warcraft.... no wait Magic Cards.... Maybe some Final Fantisy on PS3... Star Wars... Pokemon...:lmao:

orb 11-06-2008 07:11 PM

Where ever I go, there I am, and often I suspect I am in places that I have no idea I am there, and should the Internet fail, I will simply be somewhere else that I am lead to.

Orion11 11-06-2008 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
when im not on the computer i am outside in the forest.

where we all should be. lol

in places like this...

http://projectavalon.net/forum/attac...1&d=1225999535

symbolon 11-06-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

when im not on the computer i am outside in the forest.
Brilliant. See you there......!!:thumb_yello:

Deoxyan 11-06-2008 11:07 PM

its on the internet where i find people wich i like, outside i never had luck, so it will be a though time without it.

i also have magic cards... the only thing outside this.

h0lyh0ly 11-06-2008 11:17 PM

I would like to think I'd be reading, however, the television would probably take more of a chunk out of my reading time.
I already spend hours and hours online and have been trying to make more time for reading, however, when I make the effort, I find myself with the tv and a book in my hand that doesn't get read.
Good question. Thanks for asking that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seekur3 (Post 72388)
I'm just curious, fellow avaloners, if the internet was not available to you at the current moment, what would you be doing?
As a subquestion, would it be something filling in the time until the net came back, or a new 'in the moment' activity for you?

my apologies if this subject has been covered already. please link, if so.

Dantheman62 11-06-2008 11:27 PM

Cooking,drinking,smoking,playing,living!

conjuredUp 11-06-2008 11:33 PM

I go through phases of being online, reading printed books (GASP!), making art and interacting with/LOVING my kids.

And I am also a karate mom.

I get depleted if I sit online too long. All my now just slips away reading about other people's THENs. I much prefer being my own NOW.

LOVELOVELOVE,
C

SIR GALAHAD 11-06-2008 11:35 PM

If i wasn't on the Internet what would i be doing u mm lets see
proberley not getting moaned at and doing my share of looking after the baby lol

THE BEST GUY 11-07-2008 03:44 AM

distributing the people's elbow

Frank Samuel 11-07-2008 04:03 AM

At the moment I am sitting right next to the bed of my children I just put them to bed, in about 5 hours I am off to work, my wife just got home from work. I average 3 hours of sleep a day needless to say I always fall asleep in the meetings at work, my job is to restructure the production plants I am almost finished here in PR, my next restructuring will take me to the Island of St. Kitts for aproximately 3 years. I am not too thrilled about this but I need the money to pay the bills. The internet at work is almost impossible for I am never at my desk, at home is a hobby in between taking care of my kids. Soon my time in the internet will come to a halt my wife is pregnant we are going to have a new baby girl, so I am nervous. I'm just a regular guy enjoying my life watching my children grow, worry about their future trying to guide them as best as I can. I'm just glad to be alive.:wub2:

giaoue 11-07-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orb (Post 72632)
Where ever I go, there I am, and often I suspect I am in places that I have no idea I am there, and should the Internet fail, I will simply be somewhere else that I am lead to.

I like that statement because Tina Turner in Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdomesaid that to Mel Gibson (Mad Max) @ the end of the movie, "Wherever you go, there you are!" that is what all of us are experiencing whether it be locale on the earth in the now or even in our own personal evolutionary process for soul to journey forever.

If I wasn't researching & viewing things on different websites on this literal library of information then I would begin to start spreading my own personal knowledge & truth to as many people that would listen. The more the merrier @ least in my book.

If I was totally alone with totally nothing surrounding the entire totality of all existence then I'd just be researching myself thru curious thoughts of my own self just like Source, Creation, God, or the Isness did & still does thru US (Universal Self) every single moment in every single location in every single part of SELF (Something Everything Loves Forever) until ever - because there will be no until...!

Reunite 11-07-2008 04:09 AM

Eat a couple of hallucinogenic mushrooms then go up the road and do some grocery shopping

seekur3 11-07-2008 04:51 AM

A sincere Thank You to everyone who has shared in this thread so far. I was going to abandon avalon for good this morning (too time-consuming to weed thru), but decided to start this thread instead. I’m glad I did, it’s very uplifting. I especially enjoy seeing a different side of many of you posters who I have read on other threads.
For me, I need to get away from the net for awhile. I’ll check back once in awhile, but real life has never before offered so many opportunities. When I was younger, I always envied the explorers of unknown lands. Had no idea my wish would come true.

Love & Light to you all.

Congratulations, Frank, on your family’s new member. Children are the purest human form of love, which they create & give. What an incredible ‘time’ to be born into!

MAP 11-07-2008 04:59 AM

this is what i would be doing---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM2htYXlOwk

:mfr_lol:

zorgon 11-07-2008 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion Morris (Post 72601)
My money is on... World of Warcraft.... no wait Magic Cards.... Maybe some Final Fantisy on PS3... Star Wars... Pokemon...:lmao:

Medieval re-creation :wink2: Including the Knighting of Governors and watching the dancing girls around the fire....

Tis Good to be King :thumb_yello:

Proletariat 11-07-2008 05:07 AM

I'd most likely be playing outside on the roof with my pet pigeons. I'd do that for a few hours, get bored of it, come back in, probably play board games by myself. then i'd spin more records on my brand new record player. then i'd probably later on take a walk, practice my drumming sk1llz, make a phone call or two for a short while, then to top off the day, i'd end it with a nice session of choke-the-chicken, then i'd hit the sac.
as you can tell, i'd be bored out of my gord, and i usually always am.
so, some one of you come have fun with me.http://projectavalon.net/forum/images/smilies/wink2.gif

dutchie 11-07-2008 03:25 PM

reading; a book that is.:original: