Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   How can We take the Bible seriously? (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1104)

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 03:20 AM

How can We take the Bible seriously?

Sure I know the general messige in it I understand and seriously if I were to re-wright the thing it would only be one sentence long "Don't be a ******* to otheres and they wont be one back to You"

However othere thing's it states is just realy hyprocritical and unlogical and to be honest ****'s Me off People are willing to follow it all so blindly with out asking questions, This is My major problem with it all.

Ok please don't get Me wrong I am NOT Raceist or Anti-Jew nor am I typeing this for arguement sake I realy want to know whats the deal with this story and please correct Me if I am wrong but here it goes.

Befor the Jew's went to Egypt they had there own land and city and as far as I know didn't have any real problems with othere culture's at that time, Then after awhile they suffered from year's of drought's fire's and othere natureal disaster's.

At this point they ALL migrated to Egypt which at this point in history was the worlds super power basicly and at first the Egyptions accepted them and for alittle while both lived side by side peacfully.

Now I'm not sure what started to slavery thing but I have a guess it was due to the Egyption's getting sick of beeing accuessed as Demonic and Wrong due to there way's and culture by the very People they accepted into there country with open arm's and it got to a stage where the Egyptions felt so ungratefull that they said screw it if You guys wanna live on our land and eat our food Your gonna have to work Your ass off for it (not saying it was right)

Now after a few years or hundred w/e of slavery the Jew's continuesly "Bitched" about it untill moses and He's Brother were told by god to take the jew's out and take them to there promiss land.

Once out of Egypt they were on a 40 year journey and once again they Jew's bitched about it.

They reached babylon and assumed this was ment to be there promiss land and the babylonians wouldn't let them in so now apparently the jew's played music to destroy there city. (lol nice to see what happens when people dont get what they want hey?)

Then after that they walked around the middle east some more untill they settled in whats known as israle today where they claime to have found there promiss land offerd to them by god....while this land was allready occupied and still to this day the jew's are bitching about what land is excately there's.....

Whats the moral of this story serious? continuesly bitch about thing's and destroy that which You can not own? Doesn't seem like a very possitive or loveing scenario to Me.

One othere thing about fundermental christians that get's to Me is the whole if a major disaster strucks a child and they die (depending in which manner there taken anyway) People will be all like "this is the work of the devil/evil" though apparently all children are innocent and get a automatic pass to heaven if they die so like honestly.....Why would Lucifer wish to increas the number's of He's enermy? seem's more logical to keep them alive and try to influence them at a older age.....

This post has been moderated because inappropriate language has been used.

murnut 09-11-2008 03:28 AM

Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

Fairly offensive post in my opinion

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 03:29 AM

I'm just recalling history as I'v read it.
Like I said I'm more then happy to have some one prove Me wrong.

maya12-21-2012 09-11-2008 03:39 AM

I'm not highly religious but I respect those who are. To me, the Bible is too contradicting and Revelations is essentially a self-serving prophecy where if enough people believe it'll hasppen, then it will. I see Jesus more as an archtype than a real person. If he was such a great healer, then why didn't people paint pictures and write about him while he was supposedly alive?

My biggest question to Christians is this: Why did the Crusades kill so many people and how does your God justify it?

The Roman Catholic Church is arguably the richest organization in the world. They have enough net worth to feed, cloth and shelter every person on this planet.

My question to people who are Catholic is this: Why don't they practice what they preach and help the poor and the hungry?

murnut 09-11-2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsakenFalcon (Post 6411)
I'm just recalling history as I'v read it.
Like I said I'm more then happy to have some one prove Me wrong.

Jews "bitching" quoting you.

You are truly enlightened

murnut 09-11-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya12-21-2012 (Post 6425)
I'm not highly religious but I respect those who are. To me, the Bible is too contradicting and Revelations is essentially a self-serving prophecy where if enough people believe it'll hasppen, then it will. I see Jesus more as an archtype than a real person. If he was such a great healer, then why didn't people paint pictures and write about him while he was supposedly alive?

My biggest question to Christians is this: Why did the Crusades kill so many people and how does your God justify it?

The Roman Catholic Church is arguably the richest organization in the world. They have enough net worth to feed, cloth and shelter every person on this planet.

My question to people who are Catholic is this: Why don't they practice what they preach and help the poor and the hungry?

The Crusades, and the Roman Catholic church have little to do with the message of the Bible.

You should read it some time

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 03:56 AM

Bitching is simplely a new age way of saying "Complaneing" I ust the term's "Bitching" is My regular day to day life and othere "Offensive words" that I wouldn't use here, Don't JUDGE My vocabulary though it is actrauly quiet high.

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murnut (Post 6444)
The Crusades, and the Roman Catholic church have little to do with the message of the Bible.

You should read it some time

Ok how about them We get to read all the passiger's that were rejected from it? interesting FACT is that Judas has He's own scrolls around the place that give GREAT insight to the messige that man and god stand side by side at dawn as one and both gazeing upon there creation with love.

MAN & GOD, Not JESUS & GOD.

Here is a question about the bible I'd like awnsered then...

Levithan is a mythical sea creature in the bible thats apparently demonic and soul purpose in exsistence is to kill Men...... Considering most Priest wont eithen say if it's a giant crocodile, sea searpent, ext it shows they know very very little too... and if I'm not mistaken if god created every animal as well as us.... how can a animal be considerd evil?.....

It's like the snake theorie in the garden of eden apparently Lucifer POSSESES a snake (back when they apparently had 4 legs) and once Man sined THE SNAKE GETS PUNISHED?! not the Entitity itself that was in it at the time?!

Wow....Wow....Wow... If the bible is true We have such a loveing god "cough"

Atk1d 09-11-2008 04:03 AM

Enlightened.......dimly..but Enlightened,anyway I would also suggest reading laurence Gardner Genises Of the Grail Kings and a few others by Him, that should help brighten ur Day!

Oh, and please, as I respect the right to chat ,openly disscuss information, I was sure that Bill and Kerry had a different idea of how this forum might develop. Hint Hint........I cannot remember a video, or transcript, of whether or not the Bible can be taken seriously, how ever there are many forums available to you to debate that very thing. All the best and God Bless.

Phtha 09-11-2008 04:07 AM

There is more then enough evidence to show, for those who are willing to really look, that the Bible is a "watered down" patriarchal version of an ancient truth.

Exoterically speaking it is arguably the greatest book ever written, but it's done much more harm to us as a species then good, as was its intention. If you take it allegorically it has a whole new meaning, but even then it is still missing many truths that have been known since olden times.

I would highly suggest reading it regardless.

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phtha (Post 6456)
Exoterically speaking it is arguably the greatest book ever written.

Fact = All so it's the number 1 book stolen yearly.....

Irony anyone?

murnut 09-11-2008 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsakenFalcon (Post 6451)
Ok how about them We get to read all the passiger's that were rejected from it? interesting FACT is that Judas has He's own scrolls around the place that give GREAT insight to the messige that man and god stand side by side at dawn as one and both gazeing upon there creation with love.

MAN & GOD, Not JESUS & GOD.

Here is a question about the bible I'd like awnsered then...

Levithan is a mythical sea creature in the bible thats apparently demonic and soul purpose in exsistence is to kill Men...... Considering most Priest wont eithen say if it's a giant crocodile, sea searpent, ext it shows they know very very little too... and if I'm not mistaken if god created every animal as well as us.... how can a animal be considerd evil?.....

It's like the snake theorie in the garden of eden apparently Lucifer POSSESES a snake (back when they apparently had 4 legs) and once Man sined THE SNAKE GETS PUNISHED?! not the Entitity itself that was in it at the time?!

Sounds like you have it all figured out.

God bless you

maya12-21-2012 09-11-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForsakenFalcon (Post 6451)

Yup. In my opinion, it's all about conformity, power and greed. Hmmm...that sounds like the New World Order. It's perfect for the sheeple who need something to believe in other than themselves.

Ironically, the only 3 city states in the world are in Washington, DC, London and the Vatican City.

Washington makes the laws and polices the world. London watches over the money and the Vatican City runs religion.

How convenient.

It's time to wake up, my sheeple friends!

murnut 09-11-2008 04:32 AM

Again you have missed the point.

Those you have referenced do not represent God.

Govt's are not about truth, they are about control, always have been, always will be.

Truth is found else where

Go ahead and replace the current PtB with your new PtB.

And what is the difference?

maya12-21-2012 09-11-2008 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murnut (Post 6481)
Again you have missed the point.

Those you have referenced do not represent God.

Govt's are not about truth, they are about control, always have been, always will be.

Truth is found else where

Go ahead and replace the current PtB with your new PtB.

And what is the difference?

I guess you didn't know that the bible was plagerized from the Egyptians.

I've read the bible and can appreciate the morals it provides. I can appreciate the parables as well but the number of contradicting statements makes it hard to give credence to validity.

In my opinion, religion is a HUGE scam. I believe we have an ultimate creator and most likely, it's a FEMALE because women are the ones who CREATE, not men.

Think about it.

Do you drop to your knees to pray to your God? I don't. My God wants to be treated like a best friend, not worshipped. He and/or she doesn't walk in front of me nor does he and/or she walk behind me...he and/or she walks next to me.

This is the most comfortable I've ever felt about religion. Please bear in mind that Iim not trying to convert you away from Christianity!!! I respect your belief system but don't agree with it.

Can we meet halfway and agree to disagree?

ForsakenFalcon 09-11-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya12-21-2012 (Post 6495)

I've read the bible and can appreciate the morals it provides. I can appreciate the parables as well but the number of contradicting statements makes it hard to give credence to validity.

In my opinion, religion is a HUGE scam. I believe we have an ultimate creator and most likely, it's a FEMALE because women are the ones who CREATE, not men.

Think about it.

Do you drop to your knees to pray to your God? I don't. My God wants to be treated like a best friend, not worshipped. He and/or she doesn't walk in front of me nor does he and/or she walk behind me...he and/or she walks next to me.

This is the most comfortable I've ever felt about religion. Please bear in mind that Iim not trying to convert you away from Christianity!!! I respect your belief system but don't agree with it.

that's true Horus's story is basicly identical to that of Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGkRFFBd0A

Allso Disclaimer on My defence I never intended to have People disown there faith from the question I am asking and I greatly respect those whom take the possible and loveing aspects of what can be learned its just the "STORYS" in it I am questioning and I'm sorry I WILL NOT tip toe around a question if I see false with in the storys & I may seem offensive or like a ******* but I am generaly wanting awnsers to what I see doesn't fit, Nothing more.

This post has been moderated because inappropriate language has been used.

Phtha 09-11-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Think about it.

Don't forget the bible and religion are two different things. And both man and women play a role in creation.

murnut 09-11-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Think about it.

I am a Friend

http://www.quaker.org/friends.html

edit

I agree with some of your post, I don't go to church, yes there are many that are hypocrites, but there are many as such, not having anything to do with religion.

Human condition issue

Contradicting statements perhaps imply a need for deeper understanding.

How many conflicting statements are found at PC by insiders?

Are they all true?

Find the light which is true in your heart, and this cannot be accomplished by tearing down the beliefs of others.

Some truths will speak to you and some won't.

The light is within all of us....whether you want it or not, and so is the darkness.

This is which makes us human.

The important part is for some type of understanding to occur,

This happens on a personal basis.

whitecrow 09-11-2008 05:50 AM

That's actually a heck of a good question, and it deserves a better answer than it usually gets from religious folks OR those who think the whole thing is a joke.

First of all, I can't stand it when someone wants to talk to me about how the Bible is literally true. The only way anyone can think that is not to have read it. Ask any Christian and he'll tell you he reads his Bible. Trouble is, 99.9% of haven't read the Bible, they just read the parts of it that their pastor suggests.

Sit down and read the thing from cover to cover, and you'll discover it isn't the book you thought it was. Yes, it contradicts itself in a number of places. No, it is not literally true in the sense that we would use that term today. Nor is it history in the sense we think of it today.

Is it "true?" Let me put it this way...everyone knows that facts can be made to lie. And everyone knows that the deepest truths can be found in works of fiction. The Bible is like everything else we think we know. It's all true. It's all lies. Some truth is false, and some lies are truer than the truth.

Murnut!

I am a Friend

http://www.quaker.org/friends.html

I was a member of the Dallas Monthly Meeting for many years. I'm no longer officially Friendly, but nevertheless it's good to meet thee!

Colin 09-11-2008 07:53 AM

Calm it down please guys..

It's getting very warm in here!

Healthy debate is good, insult trading is not:thumbdown:

murnut 09-12-2008 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musado (Post 6612)
Calm it down please guys..

It's getting very warm in here!

Healthy debate is good, insult trading is not:thumbdown:

Why does controversy seem to follow me?

Maybe Dan Smith is rubbing off on me...

Edit...or maybe Toon

Look out Musado...hehehe

===================================

Hey White Crow!

Nice to meet you

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....hse.html#Bucks

Norval 09-12-2008 03:41 AM

, , , I was waiting for this thread to be opened in "such" a way.

Same ol' same ol' discussion. A waste of time.

Read the book, all of the books, Deuterocanonicals and Apocrypha, books taken out by "religions", bibles have, KJV = 66, Catholic = 72 total I recomend, , , about 90.

Know the writings, all of them, read them, then talk about them.

Norval

arcora 09-12-2008 04:54 PM

It is a mistake to equate the Bible with the Church.

The Church is a man-made organization that is corruptible and corrupted.

The Bible is the Word of God - with the disclaimer that it is edited and compiled by man.

If the Bible simply were to give anyone who read it True Knowledge and Enlightenment, we wouldn't have churches (or any other books for that matter).

I believe it should be read, understood as well as possible and comprehended in context. Always understanding who wrote what and under what conditions.

I believe the Gospels are the most informative and believable part of the Bible. I also think that much of what the Bible really means to impart has been corrupted, mis-interpreted and spun by the Church. Unfortunately, most Bible thumpers only know what they have been told and many seem to lack the ability to interpret for themselves. It is easy - but spiritually corrupt - to find a passage in the Bible to justify any dogma.

Those who only listen to what the Church has to say about the Bible and faith is somewhat akin to using the Fox Network as your only source for news.

whitecrow 09-12-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcora (Post 8823)
Those who only listen to what the Church has to say about the Bible and faith is somewhat akin to using the Fox Network as your only source for news.

Yours is one of the smartest comments I've read on the topic. I don't happen to agree 100% but that's irrelevant. Most of what you wrote is pretty much what I was trying to say in my earlier post - and I apologize to those who thought I was getting a little excited.

Logician 09-13-2008 10:16 AM

Hi everybody, Im new to the forum and I think this discussion about the bible is very necessary, seeing how many of the world controllers are lucifarian/satanist. The most powerful people on the planet beleive in a being known as lucifer/satan depending on who you talk to. Their deity apparently has rewarded them for there service and worship with terrestrial power and wealth beyond what most people beleive is even possible. It seems to me that this guy lucifer/satan is very real, wouldnt that give creedance to Jesus being real also??