Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Camelot General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Largest Rocket Ever Launched - LAUNCHING NOW! (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17226)

m1* 10-27-2009 02:42 PM

Largest Rocket Ever Launched - LAUNCHING NOW!

Quick go and watch, launching in 10 minutes (from the time I make this post).

Watch Here

EDIT It seems that they have delayed the launch due to weather. It still hasn't lifted off. But I heard a woman saying that during the next 15 minutes (from now) would be the best time to lift off (if they do actually decide to go ahead).

Oh, I just heard a guy say "ok, we'll aim for 15 minutes and we'll reassess at that time".

Edit Again lol, this is actually becoming comedic. Someone was just saying something about running out of fuel.

N.A.S.A = Need Another Space Agency - lol

It's probably going to crash into the tower, lol. Glad no one is on it.

m1* 10-27-2009 03:04 PM

Re: Largest Rocket Ever Launched - LAUNCHING NOW!

Quote:

The launch team is now planning to come out of the current T-4 minute hold at 11:15 a.m. EDT, aiming for a liftoff at 11:19 a.m. Launch Director Ed Mango is going to poll his team to ensure the vehicle and its system are all still "go." The main issue remains the weather, and Weather Officer Kathy Winters continues to update the team on conditions at and near the launch pad.
From The Homepage.

m1* 10-27-2009 03:13 PM

If you just got to this thread, it hasn't launched yet.

Status is GO. Launching in 5 minutes!

Edit Nope, it was postponed again.

m1* 10-27-2009 03:17 PM

Now they're aiming for 13 minutes from now.

A guy said, if it's a no go then, they'll give it up for the day.

So if you just got to this thread, you still have time for a "possible" launch.

m1* 10-27-2009 03:22 PM

OFFICIALLY CANCELED!

Doh!

Peace of mind 10-27-2009 04:37 PM

guess they have to wait before shooting another missle at the moon / ship or what ever it is...

m1* 10-27-2009 04:40 PM

Yeah, "what ever it is".

Isn't it amazing that they spend so much money (tax payer money), and all they say is:

"It's a mission to help people get back to the moon".

OH! Well, that's just fine then. That explanation will do! No WORRIES!

*shakes head*

..clowns.

m1* 10-28-2009 04:24 AM

The Ares I-X launch team is preparing for a 24-hour turnaround, targeting 8 a.m. on Wednesday as liftoff time for the Ares I-X flight test vehicle.

Tuesday's attempt was plagued by weather issues, even though the vehicle itself was ready to fly. After multiple attempts to reset to new launch times during the 4-hour window, the final scrub came when the weather did not improve as the end of the window neared. Tomorrow's weather improves somewhat, with a 40 percent "no-go."

Wednesday's attempt will have the same 4-hour window that ends at noon, and live coverage will also begin again at 5 a.m. EDT.

bellsisland 10-29-2009 01:50 PM

Is it still orbiting? When is splash down?

eleni 10-29-2009 02:37 PM

Nasa- good cover to use our tax dollars and they have to give us a show once in a blue moon so we think our money is put to use- meanwhile it's probably what's funding the secret space program.

m1* 10-29-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleni (Post 182606)
Nasa- good cover to use our tax dollars and they have to give us a show once in a blue moon so we think our money is put to use- meanwhile it's probably what's funding the secret space program.

Yeah, NASA is a joke if you ask me.

Once, it was a useful agency, but now it's just a front.

There are bigger black programs going on.

NASA is antiquated -- and people think that's the height of technology. It's not. Rockets were being made all the way in WWII - 60 years ago. We're still relying on "rockets"? Yeah right...

bellsisland 10-29-2009 02:45 PM

I was watching a video from waitinginthewings last night about the covert NASA. Really good, but, where did it go? Frank? Where's Frank?

m1* 10-29-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsisland (Post 182613)
I was watching a video from waitinginthewings last night about the covert NASA. Really good, but, where did it go? Frank? Where's Frank?

..better question? WHO is frank? lol