Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   March 8th International Woman's Day (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20768)

Céline 03-08-2010 03:39 PM

March 8th International Woman's Day
 
i am Woman

-smiles as she types those words -

http://www.internationalwomensday.com/



Kulapops 03-08-2010 03:41 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Can I come ?

:original:

Céline 03-08-2010 03:42 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulapops (Post 251562)
Can I come ?

:original:

Where?

Fredkc 03-08-2010 03:43 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
I rpomise to put the seat down all day today. :D

No promises on the trash goin' out, though.

Fred

annemirri 03-08-2010 03:56 PM

March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Years ago when I worked for a russian company (half owned by russians)
we, WOMEN, were always given lot of gifts, and flowers...


Free yourself today, do something unexpected !

http://www.annearth.co.uk/adastra.JPG

AD ASTRA , to the Stars.

a.

Oliver 03-08-2010 04:33 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Jean-Léon Gérôme - Selling Slaves in Rome

...those who have an eye for classical painting details will know...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rPSP_6jXr8...areopagiem.jpg

Waiting for the Barbarians
by Constantine Cavafy


What are we waiting for, assembled in the forum?

The barbarians are due here today.

Why isn't anything going on in the senate?
Why are the senators sitting there without legislating?

Because the barbarians are coming today.
What's the point of senators making laws now?
Once the barbarians are here, they'll do the legislating.

Why did our emperor get up so early,
and why is he sitting enthroned at the city's main gate,
in state, wearing the crown?

Because the barbarians are coming today
and the emperor's waiting to receive their leader.
He's even got a scroll to give him,
loaded with titles, with imposing names.

Why have our two consuls and praetors come out today
wearing their embroidered, their scarlet togas?
Why have they put on bracelets with so many amethysts,
rings sparkling with magnificent emeralds?
Why are they carrying elegant canes
beautifully worked in silver and gold?

Because the barbarians are coming today
and things like that dazzle the barbarians.

Why don't our distinguished orators turn up as usual
to make their speeches, say what they have to say?

Because the barbarians are coming today
and they're bored by rhetoric and public speaking.

Why this sudden bewilderment, this confusion?
(How serious people's faces have become.)
Why are the streets and squares emptying so rapidly,
everyone going home lost in thought?

Because night has fallen and the barbarians haven't come.
And some of our men just in from the border say
there are no barbarians any longer.

Now what's going to happen to us without barbarians?
Those people were a kind of solution.

TRANCOSO 03-08-2010 04:35 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
4 all women: The humble cucumber is actually a little gem. And not just for its nutritional benefits...

http://all4women.co.za/at-home/uses-...ers.html?print :naughty:
www.all4women.co.za

oxiigen 03-08-2010 05:01 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
I don't celebrate anything that was set by freemasons & co. :naughty:

Kulapops 03-08-2010 05:06 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver (Post 251597)

See... I fold this newspaper into a cone... pour in a pint of milk, cover it with a cloth, wave my magic wand and then.... Ta-Daaaaa !

TRANCOSO 03-08-2010 05:13 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxiigen (Post 251614)
I don't celebrate anything that was set by freemasons & co. :naughty:

:mad3:

burgundia 03-08-2010 05:18 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRANCOSO (Post 251600)
4 all women: The humble cucumber is actually a little gem. And not just for its nutritional benefits...

http://all4women.co.za/at-home/uses-...ers.html?print :naughty:
www.all4women.co.za

wow...these are really great pieces of cucumber (I wanted to say advice:lol3:)
thanks...:thumb_yello:

annemirri 03-08-2010 05:28 PM

The Selling slaves in Rome
 
I LOVE THE PAINTING !

and yes I am a real woman, or am I ?
anyway I am a mother, I have given birth to them both myself.

Look at the faces of the men,
she is shining so BRIGHTLY that the men are almost blinded by her LIGHT!

Her purity, naked skin is too much contrast to their dirty minds...
they hide their heads.


you want me to go on....

-

(I was once one of those Priestesses in Machu Picchu, Egypt, Atlantis...
and I do remember what happened to us...but we are coming back
even more brighter, stronger in our LIGHT....)

Love,
a.

Oliver 03-08-2010 06:41 PM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
OK..This master piece of love toward women accuses men for enslaving them...or this woman particular. See the colors, all men clothes are fascinating red, it is dominating...as they are sink in a blood up to their necks...the blood of victims, women.
Than see the gesticulations of most of them. Can you reed it? As they are afraid from a (naked) woman, from her beauty (woman`s body is just shining)...they do not understand women, they are tyrants.

Than, see that small sculpture in the middle of the paint. Who is that? Maybe a God Mars, or maybe just some noble warrior? Or maybe even Athena?...and, what is most important, see where the direction of the spear is...toward the cowards-tyrants. Classic paintings, specially the greatest ones, are telling us a lot with such a details, and there is not only one level of meaning.

And, what do you think, why is she covering her eyes with hands, and not some parts of the body, that would be usualy an instinctive reaction? She can`t look at them? Why?

If i would like to go further, maybe I could comment why the blue overcoat that is just taken out of her - is exactly blue? It has meaning, but it is enough, I think.

Satisfied?

Greetings.

Oliver 03-08-2010 06:44 PM

Re: The Selling slaves in Rome
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by annemirri (Post 251645)
I LOVE THE PAINTING !

and yes I am a real woman, or am I ?
anyway I am a mother, I have given birth to them both myself.

Look at the faces of the men,
she is shining so BRIGHTLY that the men are almost blinded by her LIGHT!

Her purity, naked skin is too much contrast to their dirty minds...
they hide their heads.


you want me to go on....

-

(I was once one of those Priestesses in Machu Picchu, Egypt, Atlantis...
and I do remember what happened to us...but we are coming back
even more brighter, stronger in our LIGHT....)

Love,
a.

Annemirri, you read it right way. There is more to be seen in that painting.

Love&Respect

Zeddo 03-08-2010 06:51 PM

Re: The Selling slaves in Rome
 
maybe we will have a "human's day" when we all grow up?

annemirri 03-08-2010 07:09 PM

Maria
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver (Post 251718)
Annemirri, you read it right way. There is more to be seen in that painting.

I asked if you wanted me to go on ....

(as I had to make dinner for my children,
so I could not write that long, women's duties, you see, a single mom...)

I saw the RED, the color of HIGH PRIESTESS called MARIA.

I know that as I am part of that line,

I still have in both of my palms the lines creating a strong and clear M.

(and my middle name is M.)

So, the Vatican changed all that...took the color red for themselves,

and the women who wore red were whores.


Enough ? (need to go to the store...)

a

Oliver 03-08-2010 07:56 PM

Re: Maria
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by annemirri (Post 251745)
I asked if you wanted me to go on ....

(as I had to make dinner for my children,
so I could not write that long, women's duties, you see, a single mom...)

I saw the RED, the color of HIGH PRIESTESS called MARIA.

I know that as I am part of that line,

I still have in both of my palms the lines creating a strong and clear M.

(and my middle name is M.)

So, the Vatican changed all that...took the color red for themselves,

and the women who wore red were whores.


Enough ? (need to go to the store...)

a


:original::flowers2:

5thElement 03-08-2010 10:34 PM

Re: The Selling slaves in Rome
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddo (Post 251725)
maybe we will have a "human's day" when we all grow up?

Zeddo - I am with you - I wish we were there:wink2:

So many people in this world, many of whom are women, are still treated like property:lightsabre: Until that point - thanks to Celine for informing us of today's significance:thumb_yello:

http://www.designspongeonline.com/wp...he_riveter.jpg We rock!

El

GaiaLove 03-09-2010 12:06 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
MOD NOTE: I removed the image of the Painting by Jean-Léon Gérôme as it was not appropriate for this thread. The posts related to that painting were also removed for the purposes of continuity.


Blessings to all the Woman on this day and all others.


http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...otusflower.jpg

Oliver 03-09-2010 09:31 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GaiaLove (Post 252021)
MOD NOTE: I removed the image of the Painting by Jean-Léon Gérôme as it was not appropriate for this thread. The posts related to that painting were also removed for the purposes of continuity.


Blessings to all the Woman on this day and all others.


http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...otusflower.jpg

You really made me laugh this morning, Richard. :lol3:
So funny...one of the most famous master pieces of art, expressing how women were enslaving through history, expressing enormous compassion and love toward women, was removed because "it was not appropriate" for a thread about 8th March?! Ha, ha...! (But, OK, I will post it on another thread).

Really funny...and sad, my friend.

Oliver 03-09-2010 09:45 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Eugene Delacroix - Liberty leading The People

(Is this not appropriate, too? Before eventaually removing it, think that this painting is one of the iconic symbols of the state of France, so some French here can charge you for disrespecting their history.)

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tletoon/dela...the_people.jpg

annemirri 03-09-2010 09:52 AM

Cucumber ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver (Post 252346)


So funny...one of the most famous master pieces of art, expressing how women were enslaving through history, expressing enormous compassion and love toward women, was removed because "it was not appropriate" for a thread about 8th March?! Ha, ha...! (But, OK, I will post it on another thread).

Really funny...and sad, my friend.


And "CUCUMBERS" were not removed as that is about honouring women
on Women's day, :shocked:

If no one does not yet know, I say it here clear and loud,

A cucumber is symbol of penis.

So, is that what the moderators, Gaia Love, Richard, who removed the painting I posted,
and the painting that Oliver posted, want to give for women on Women's day to "honour" them ?, some sex ? more humiliation ?

a.

Céline 03-09-2010 11:05 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Sexual content is against the guidelines..The Painting wasnt so much the issue then the highly sexualy charged response it got.

The thread WAS about HONORING women...how ever i do not feel that was YOUR intent.

swordsmith 03-09-2010 11:07 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
welcome to the richard and celine show.

Céline 03-09-2010 11:12 AM

Re: March 8th International Woman's Day
 
Oh please...


Guess maybe i should divorce him and live far far away..and then its ok?

Trust me... the posts would still have been reported...


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon