Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Project Avalon General Discussion (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Useful Tools for Dealing with Provocateurs ... (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18312)

Céline 12-16-2009 03:22 PM

Useful Tools for Dealing with Provocateurs ...

Trolls are a persistent problem on any forum.

Since i have started posting here, i have felt loved and accepted. Until yesterday. Was this my own doing? Yes..i take full ownership of my own emotions.

Here are some tools and advice i have gathered from friends on the forum to deal with baiters, trolls...or in the PC world...provocateurs...

1- Ignore all and any posts written by proven trolls

2- Do not get emotionally involved

3- Report ALL posts that are insulting or disrespectful. Mods can respond much quicker to a report then a pvt message

4- Let them hang themselves.

5-Feed the positive threads.

It seems that since the doors have opened...our lightworkers are more silent...i can understand why...being attack does not balance well with light beings..

i would love to hear any other constructive advice from members here...as i continuously struggle to "let go" of issues with these trouble makers....

thank you

burgundia 12-16-2009 03:25 PM

Re: Useful Tools for Dealing with Provocateurs ...

shower trolls with love...as your only response to their posts...
:wub2:

Céline 12-16-2009 03:26 PM

LOVE YES!!!

how could i forget ..lol

thank you friend

Jack 12-16-2009 03:28 PM

Some people seem to enjoy a bit of a tustle :wink2:

Leunamros 12-16-2009 03:29 PM

1.A forum is not a house where you have to feel amongst friends all the time, or where you have to feel loved all the time.

2.A forum is a place to exchange opinions: it´s a jungle.

3.A forum has rules, you can or you won´t follow, up to the user.

4.Trolls are an inevitable thing of forums if you wanna have an open place for people to come and go whenever they want to.

5.A forum is not a house, it´s not a house where you and your friends hang out, unless it´s completely private, with restricted access, for example. Like a club. This is not the case here, it was the case recently.

6. Get over it.

Céline 12-16-2009 03:30 PM

it does seem that way Jack...

and i to enjoy a heated argument....but what has been going on here is not a debate of any kind....

Céline 12-16-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leunamros (Post 201818)
1.A forum is not a house where you have to feel amongst friends all the time, or where you have to feel loved all the time.

2.A forum is a place to exchange opinions: it´s a jungle.

3.A forum has rules, you can or you won´t follow, up to the user.

4.Trolls are an inevitable thing of forums if you wanna have an open place for people to come and go whenever they want to.

5.A forum is not a house, it´s not a house where you and your friends hang out, unless it´s completely private, with restricted access, for example. Like a club. This is not the case here, it was the case recently.

6. Get over it.

you may not see it as a house...but it is a like a family to many. Respect here is important...

umm get over it? wow...such great advice ...i never thought of that one...

*rolls eyes*

Leunamros 12-16-2009 03:45 PM

I always have seen a forum as an open place so that´s why i have wrote what i have wrote, i have got over the fact there could be always what many call a troll behind the next corner.

If people are so proud of being positively oriented, they should be less discriminatory. Though, there could be exceptions.

beren 12-16-2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by beren
Ok then, but what about this;

I noticed when someone replies to your thread and ,say, supports Billy Meier.

Or answers other stuff, then you jump in and cut off that person with your blunt statement about their reply. What happens next?

People get offended since you cut them off with your blunt reply which may or may not be true.

Communication is two way street.
My self, I heard about Billy Meier a year ago , looked his photos and I do not trust him. But that is my opinion. I do not go around and yell Billy is a clown or fake or whatever. Let people do fact checking and decide for themselves, I can not and will not persuade anyone into anyting.

But you then , you just use your shears and cut out !
How on earth you think you will be taken seriously and listened when you do that?

You have to allow people to have their say, then together search for answers, even if you know the facts, others may not know them.
We are not robots and YES SIR folks. We have emotions and we do need to process them in order to shed old learning and to get to the truth.
It is a painful process. It takes time. You do not cut someone´s leg if you find it sick. You try to heal it ,burture it and at the end if there is no other solution , you cut it to save the man.

Do not cut legs here Truthwalker,

P.S.
Jesus was not doing that...

If someone is asking a question to be smart, I don't see the need to spend my time replying to them. I only reply to genuine responses.

You are turning this thread into an argument. I am no longer going to respond to you, also, if you don't stop littering this thread with unfounded and incorrect accusations.

If you do it again the response will be:

*ignored*

I pasted here my last responce to that guy but nothing happened ...There was his pesponce in red.
Celine , I tried and tried...as you did and Brook and others ,what is going on?
There was a great aritcle on Yahoo yesterday on how to recognize manipulators and protect yourself...

Good reading ...

Céline 12-16-2009 04:16 PM

i have no idea what is going on...but all i know is we need to deal with the changes here...and i am looking for advice...or perhaps i should find other places to "belong"

i came here to learn and to share... i found love and acceptance...and a ton of information!

GaiaLove has helped me "fish thru" all the text and videos and i am learning something new everyday..

But..

with these new users i find it harder to...learn...as i find my emotions played with...

Leunamros 12-16-2009 04:27 PM

probably you will get the love you wants from the same sources you got it in the past. Unless they stupidly decide to feed trolls instead of taking care of you... different circumstances discovers how people deal with them.

This new situation is good for your neverendingtraining, if you look at it that way.

Céline 12-16-2009 04:29 PM

Absolutly!!

i have already learned much from this

burgundia 12-16-2009 04:30 PM

I hope it was a lesson for everybody and next time they will not engage in serious discourses with such personalities.

Leunamros 12-16-2009 04:32 PM

well, ehem, ... nobody is perfect...

Céline 12-16-2009 04:34 PM

Perfection...or the ideal of it...intimidates me...

as a florist...i admire the imperfections in each flower in a way that my customers do not.

Leunamros 12-16-2009 04:44 PM

i was meaning that i myself have been a troll a high number of times, when i was more passionate than now. And, that i myself feed trolls from time to time. Nothing i feel ashamed of , though.

Getting to 30, makes you reconsider your position, lol. Actually, you get old! :D

I can say that, if one thing a troll has, is a raging passion any other non troll hasn´t. Sometimes, some trolls are awesome sources of information.

Céline 12-16-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leunamros (Post 201923)
i was meaning that i myself have been a troll a high number of times, when i was more passionate than now. And, that i myself feed trolls from time to time. Nothing i feel ashamed of , though.

Getting to 30, makes you reconsider your position, lol. Actually, you get old! :D

I can say that, if one thing a troll has, is a raging passion any other non troll hasn´t. Sometimes, some trolls are awesome sources of information.

that is a very honest and helpful statement...thank you....

and...

just wait till you hit 40 ;)

being a a grandmother changed my perspective !

Leunamros 12-16-2009 05:00 PM

Life is a neverending changing of perspective. The more intense is that one when you see death ahead of you.

Céline 12-16-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leunamros (Post 201941)
Life is a neverending changing of perspective. The more intense is that one when you see death ahead of you.

i have see death ahead of me, since i can remember....life is far more intense for me, then death...

tone3jaguar 12-16-2009 05:29 PM

Use troll spray

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...roll_spray.jpg

Or the educational troll diagram

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...nandmemory.gif

joe2288 12-16-2009 05:30 PM

in response to that :lmao:

Fredkc 12-16-2009 05:34 PM

Celine;

1st of all, Hiya! T'was nice to chat with you the other day.

Having given a bit of thought to this (not all of it very uplifting), I decided to post here, instead of some of the other threads, in keeping with your suggestion about supporting the "better" threads.

Whether you liken this place to a house, or a bar...

1. Do you normally walk into a bar,
  • Kick the bartender in the privates,
  • Then demand your drink be served with a smile,
  • Then complain about its size,
  • Then order another, and another,
  • Then complain you are not being treated fairly?
2. Do you normally walk into a friend's, or stranger's house,
  • Plop in the middle of the couch,
  • Help yourself to the pretzels,
  • Change the channel on TV,
  • Insult their spouse,
  • Call their children ugly toads,
  • Then remind him about "free speech", and how you belong there just as much as they do?
First of all, Dis Ain't Free Speech! I pay AT&T $30/month to read this garp!

The people who host it pay a good deal more. And yes, it is their house.

I have never much cared for "rules" in situations like this. "Rules beget lawyers".

People who want to dissect the fine print, then argue loopholes endlessly. In most cases what you wind up with is having to respond to some "high philosophical argument" like,
"Just because I spit 3 times a minute,
and gravity took over,
does not mean I spat on your floor!
UNFAIR!!"
Sorry, life's too short, and besides, I've already raised two children. I did my time.

Simple good manners are key.

Debate is about responding to issues, to facts with facts, in a forum this usually means including links to credible sources, and/or quotes.

If you are "threatened" by a challenge to your view, it is usually a good idea to:
1. Question how all pervading your view is.
2. Ask why you need to hold this view, and why must everyone "succum" to it? After all, whether we are willing to admit it, or not, most of what we say/post/etc is usually for our own benefit.

"i came here to learn and to share..."
As did I.
It was for that reason I argued long and hard against this place "going pay" late last year. I continued to read, because it continued to be a place of interest. I then paid in September of this year, because my wish to participate over-rode my objections.

Now that it's open to all again, I almost wonder.

Trolls are an inevitable thing of forums, just like trash is an inevitable consequence of cooking. So it should follow that, sooner or later, everyone but the rats will appreciate someone taking out the trash.

10 days into this, and I keep telling myself the place is going through an adjustment. I agree with Celine that one of the best things we can do is to respond to and contribute to what interests us, and let the rest fall away.

Anyway, about as far as I can go, and not stir the pot.
Fred

hobbit 12-16-2009 05:45 PM

Sledge hammer.
hobbit

aroundthetable 12-16-2009 05:56 PM

trolls can be boystrous but its them leprechauns u gotta watch out for :lmao:

Céline 12-16-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredkc (Post 201975)
Anyway, about as far as I can go, and not stir the pot.
Fred

Thank you for sharing your concerns and your perspective. You add some very good points .

and i look forward to more enlightening chats :)