Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Vancouver Island (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=607)

cheezburgarzprz 10-01-2008 07:11 PM

Re: Vancouver Island

Quote:

Originally Posted by indakaz (Post 17863)
does anyone have land on vancouver island that they are willing to share and build a sustainable community?

I hear Exclibator has some land ^_^

cheezburgarzprz 10-01-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excalibitar (Post 34948)
That's the land i get my slave boys and slave girls to toil for me. It'll ripe when the time comes. Ripe.

Can i buildz a haus on it nao prz?

merkabagirl 10-03-2008 02:19 AM

Great to see some like-minded folk on this little rock we call home! The launch party sounds great - do keep us posted!

tyrill 10-04-2008 03:38 PM

hi there, i'm also in the comox valley.

Gale 10-12-2008 01:19 PM

Hello merkabagirl and tyrill
:welcomeani:

Gale 10-15-2008 02:16 AM

How did everyone manage during the power outage?

merkabagirl 10-15-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indakaz (Post 22125)
Hello islanders!

I will be hosting a launch party for islandonlinenews this upcoming week and would like to invite you all to come out to our studio for a presentation and discussion and to meet like minded people, I will post the date, time and location as soon as I nail it down, hope to see you all there for a great night of meeting new friends and enjoying the company of great people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gale (Post 48296)
Hello merkabagirl and tyrill
:welcomeani:

Hi Gale ... I was without power for 2 hours at Lake Cowichan ... very unusual, 200,000 homes without hydro right during the cooking of Thanksgiving turkey! Apparantly they don't know the cause and yet they seemed to be able to repair it rather quickly?! Where are you Gale?

gatestar 10-15-2008 03:35 AM

Hey, I am so there for the party too!! Call me Merkabagirl and we can go together!!

Gale 10-15-2008 10:06 AM

Hi merkabagirl,
I am in Sooke. My one daughter was going to a friends for thanksgiving so I didn't cook the turkey until Monday.
We were without power for about 2 hours also, but my newly purchased inverter powered my modem for Internet and the radio to listen to the Emergency Net. I have been getting ready the last month or so for just such an occasion.
My preparations have not been much but with communications, good flashlights and knowing where to get things when needed, I feel I have prepared more than most when I look around me.

Hi gatestar,
There is a get together for the Pacific NW listed under the United States, is that a different thingie?

Gale