Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE)

Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) (http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php)
-   Books, Videos, Articles, etc. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Contact (1997) Jodie Foster;entire film. (http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8409)

Antaletriangle 12-01-2008 07:38 PM

Contact (1997) Jodie Foster;entire film.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5XQF...x=0&playnext=1

Contact, based on the novel of the same name by Carl Sagan, is the story of a free thinking radio astronomer (Jodie Foster) who discovers an intelligent signal broadcast from deep space. She and her fellow scientists are able to decipher the Message and discover detailed instructions for building a mysterious Machine. Will the Machine spell the end of our world, or the end of our superstitions? Will we take our place among the races of the Galaxy, or are we just an upstart species with a long way to go?

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/p...pictureid=5018

elsinorelore 12-01-2008 08:29 PM

Re: Contact (1997) Jodie Foster;entire film.

Thanks Antaletriangle, seems you always have a post that hits close to home for me!!

Antaletriangle 12-01-2008 08:33 PM

Hey matey no probs.i'm sure most on here will appreciate and most have probably already seen this but it's there for people to see at leisure now-it's a great film-encapsulates everything that surrounds this "phenomena" lol.

elsinorelore 12-01-2008 08:36 PM

Not just that for me, it hits even closer to home than youd think! Thanks, its always a great reminder that I know what I know!

Antaletriangle 12-01-2008 08:38 PM

elsinorelore, could you please share or is it a little too uncomfortable a venue for this,meaning highly guarded info. and online etc.?

elsinorelore 12-01-2008 08:47 PM

Its very close to home for me, and you know what, I think its time to finally let my guard down!!! I actually would feel more comfortable giving you a PM, but hey, no-one can break my balls here, unless I allow them to right! So, Here goes, I dreamt about this stuff, before it was a movie. Ive been to these places! I know what I experienced to be very real, and well, when I saw this movie for the 1st time, it made me cry, because they hit closer to home for me, than anyone would ever believe true!

Antaletriangle 12-01-2008 08:54 PM

That's great and nothing to hold too close to your chest especially here do you receive these visions/dreams often?

micjer 12-01-2008 08:54 PM

My wife and I watched this movie recently. We had seen it years ago, but it has so much more meaning now.

When she is going through the worm hole to the other world/dimension both my wife and I were speachless because we were both overwhelmed by the "warm and fuzzies". What a great movie. Too bad more people cannot enjoy it for its real meaning.:wub2:

elsinorelore 12-01-2008 08:59 PM

Yep, especially after someone I care about dies! Sounds a bit strange, but very true! Ive been there and several other places too, without any cord, and Im always givien something to think about when Ive gone. A bit like school.

Bonnie 12-01-2008 10:07 PM

I enjoy this movie, as well. I found it interesting that contact, if I remember correctly,was made using prime numbers.

Antaletriangle 12-01-2008 10:18 PM

Yeah that's the initiation of the first information overlay.

cway 12-21-2008 09:51 AM

I think this is great movie.
what they built is a merkaba . This movie is one of the first to show the concept of
soul travel.

Humble Janitor 12-21-2008 11:18 AM

I recall that I had no idea what it was about the first time I saw it. I'll have to see it again someday.

henners 12-21-2008 11:46 AM

The movie is fabulous, It probably resonates with a lot of us. I get the feeling the we are being presented with these so called "far fetched ideas" so as to acclimatise us with the concept and to see how we react. These movies would have been considered Scince Fiction 20 years ago. Today, it is almost possible (if not real).

:welcomeani:

Avid 12-21-2008 03:59 PM

Wow - thanks Ante - just watched this - amazing
(and put in an afternoon) :original::original:

pyrangello 12-21-2008 04:05 PM

It is a great movie isn't it, and it also gives you a total sense of true compassion in life on a grand scale, I have over 400 movies on tape at my cabin. Usually watch them this time of year when the snow is falling at night with the wood stove going, Contact is one of the top 20 in the collection.

Hey for those of you who have seen Jumpers, whats your opinion on that movie, I found it odd that the movie is all about additional powers we could possess and the paladiens, the thing is they never explain who the paladiens are in the movie ???? It was almost a kind of break in teaser for all who are in tune with the big picture. Whatcha think??